It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:45 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

There were 18 new cases (12 residents and 6 non-residents) diagnosed since yesterdays numbers were released, and 16 patients marked "recovered", so there are now 164 active cases.

791 people were tested since yesterday, including 768 at the airport on arrival and 23 at the hospital. In total, 63,075 people have been tested, including 36,978 at the airport.

Numbers for the hospital haven't been released yet.

NOTE: these numbers are calculated based on the DVG official posting, but to me the number tested since yesterday seems REALLY high so it's possible there will be a correction...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:38 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

bryanzs wrote:
There were 18 new cases (12 residents and 6 non-residents) diagnosed since yesterdays numbers were released, and 16 patients marked "recovered", so there are now 164 active cases.

791 people were tested since yesterday, including 768 at the airport on arrival and 23 at the hospital. In total, 63,075 people have been tested, including 36,978 at the airport.

Numbers for the hospital haven't been released yet.

NOTE: these numbers are calculated based on the DVG official posting, but to me the number tested since yesterday seems REALLY high so it's possible there will be a correction...

With labs being closed over Xmas and not able to get results within 72 hours of departure of the flight into Aruba, not surprising the number of people who tested at the airport.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:47 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

The Prime Minister's (mostly) daily posting has confirmed the 791 tested number. Wow, that's a lot.

At the hospital, there are 2 patients in the ICU and 4 patients in the "covid ward".

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:30 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

bryanzs wrote:
The Prime Minister's (mostly) daily posting has confirmed the 791 tested number. Wow, that's a lot.

At the hospital, there are 2 patients in the ICU and 4 patients in the "covid ward".

I noticed the long list of flights into Aruba yesterday (more than 20 today). After seeing your first post I figured even if there were only about 35 people on each flight 700+ could be reached easily.