It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

A short summary of two different Friday arrivals a week apart at the Aruba airport:

Friday Oct. 9: Took 2 hours from the plane wheels down to getting into a taxi outside the airport building.
Friday Oct. 16: Took 1 hour and 15 minutes from plane wheels down to arrival at Costa Linda.

In neither case was the airport arrivals area busy.

After reading each report it appears there must have been some changes made to the system at the airport from airplane to sidewalk.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:04 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I had asked a few weeks ago if there was a separate line after you got your bags for those who have got the PCR test and submitted it with their ED info. It was said that everyones luggage now goes through the scanners and there is only one line for all arrivals so if you need a test or not it's all one obviously LONG line. We all know how small that baggage area is anyway. So the times you mention do not seem so hard to understand.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:20 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

leftyjy wrote:
A short summary of two different Friday arrivals a week apart at the Aruba airport:

Friday Oct. 9: Took 2 hours from the plane wheels down to getting into a taxi outside the airport building.
Friday Oct. 16: Took 1 hour and 15 minutes from plane wheels down to arrival at Costa Linda.

In neither case was the airport arrivals area busy.

After reading each report it appears there must have been some changes made to the system at the airport from airplane to sidewalk.

Several important missing pieces.

O What time did each flight arrive?
O We’re there other flights and if so,
O How many flights and if multiple flights, were the flights you mentioned the first one to deplane?
O How many people on the flights that had to processed?

Without this information and probably other scenarios, I don’t think one can draw a comparison between the 2 dates and claim changes were made to the system.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Of course.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:07 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

leftyjy wrote:
Of course.

I would add carry-on vs. checked luggage as another part of the equation.

I really don’t think it’s possible at this time to draw any valid comparisons. It’s like people who leave on a Saturday saying they just barely got to the gate after arriving 3 hours early and another saying it only took 45 minutes at the most. Too many variables involved and yet their experiences are both accurate.

The good thing is we can all draw from others’ experiences and have our act together when we arrive and leave. This way, we’re not adding to the wait times. I’ve lost count of the number of times when we used the paper ED cards, that people never filled them out or did incorrectly and by the time they got it right, another plane load got in front of them. Those of us who did it correctly were long gone before they ever got thru and retrieved their bags.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:10 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

We arrived on Friday October 9 at about 2:30, luggage came down instantly. I checked the time, we were in the next line for exactly one hour, all luggage AND carry ons go through the scanner, I saw a few people pulled over, not sure what they were looking for. After that, it went somewhat quickly as they checked the actual copy of your COVID test. At no point did anybody ever really look at the ED card, at the home airport or in Aruba.