It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:09 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Because Joey did not post it or hear about it, it most certainly can't be true! Take it or leave it, really don't care. Posted for others that may find it useful. And yes they are on both Palm and Eagle. Just about any hotel that has occupancy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:25 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Yes, I can confirm (as I mentioned in an earlier post) that there are "local rates" available, and some people who take advantage of them for "staycations". In fact, a number of the timeshare properties - I'm thinking both La Cabana and Costa Linda, but I would bet it's true of the others as well - have a large number of local owners who own weeks during the various holidays and school breaks, to enjoy with their families. Even though we live on Aruba, "living on Aruba" and "vacationing on Aruba" are very different experiences, and it's nice to be able to occasionally remember what it's like to enjoy the island as a tourist.

Again referring to the timeshares I am familiar with, though, they are enforcing the maximum number of guests allowed per room, and - during the recent change in curfew hours - they were also restricting visitors to the properties to registered guests only. So most are trying to avoid the "party room" atmosphere of years past.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:38 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

As Roseanne Roseannadana used to say..... "never mind".

I don't see the purpose of knocking the Aruban's and their families and kids.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:48 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubajoey wrote:

I think the problem some tourists were having was that there were large groups not social distancing or wearing masks in some of the common areas like elevators, etc.

South Beach: Jan. 2020
New Orleans: Feb. 2020
Playa del Carmen: March 2020
San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020
40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:21 pm 
Sophomore

I was at Costa Linda July 10th thru the 24, and I can attest that this definitely was happening then. Some of the families were owners but others were able to rent from off island owners for $300 a week. As you said...they have the beach all the time so in this case the pool was the attraction. It was really nice to see the families enjoy themselves....then it got a little crazy. Families became huge groups of very extended families and friends! Not a problem for me, I'm a beach person! Unfortunately it got out of hand and management had to distribute a letter reminding everyone that if the units were left dirty there would be a $200 cleaning fee, dishwashing isn't the housekeepers job and that only food and drink from the restaurant can be consumed around the pool. Just a good thing gone overboard.

Of course that was when there were only 14 active cases of Covid-19 in Aruba so I never felt unsafe.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:27 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

arubajoey wrote:

Knocking? Get over yourself. Your constant condescending comments to members on this forum is getting rather old. Clearly you have no knowledge of what happens so keep your foolish comments to yourself!