It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:34 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

There were 32 new cases (31 residents and 1 visitor) diagnosed since yesterday's numbers, and 60 people marked "recovered", so there are now 348 active cases.

379 people were tested, including 174 residents and 205 visitors at the airport.

At the hospital, there are now just 4 patients in the ICU and 9 patients in the "covid ward".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:32 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

nice to see the numbers keep going down

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

They are probably going up very soon from what I've read :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:11 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:48 pm 
Prolific

What did you read that would think numbers would go back up

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Kevinaruba1 wrote:

I don't know what Ronnie read but I know what I saw! At the bar area across from Talk of the Town....at least a hundred gathered...no masks...no social distancing. I 'heard' there was a party at a residence at Oceania (I did not witness it but I trust the owner source). Again, no social distancing and of course no masks. The law here is clear...even in your own home...no parties with large gatherings. So let's see what the numbers are in 14 days. :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:07 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

There has been a lot of talk that changing the curfew hours back to midnight (from 10pm) unleashed a lot of pent-up partying. I don't know how much of that was really going on, or how many infectious people were amongst the partiers, but I guess we'll see in the next few weeks...

Until then, the best advice remains unchanged - wear a mask, socially distance whenever possible, choose outdoor rather than indoor venues whenever possible, and keep washing. It sounds simple, but as of now it's still the best we've got.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:21 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Can't speak for other areas but parts of New York City have been having flare ups. Not from young party people but from religious groups. Go figure. The police are handing out fines up to $15,000 per occurrence.

ann to think that many people were out in the open and no police knew seems impossible. It's up to cops to shut things down and warn places.

I was watching YouTube earlier and there were videos not more then a week old and the person was walking from the Divi Dutch Village to the Alahambra and Hyatt to Holiday Inn areas. Island is scary empty but everyone that was shown had no mask or looked like they had one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:21 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

ann wrote:
Kevinaruba1 wrote:

I don't know what Ronnie read but I know what I saw! At the bar area across from Talk of the Town....at least a hundred gathered...no masks...no social distancing. I 'heard' there was a party at a residence at Oceania (I did not witness it but I trust the owner source). Again, no social distancing and of course no masks. The law here is clear...even in your own home...no parties with large gatherings. So let's see what the numbers are in 14 days. :(

That would be it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:38 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

same thing here in jersey, most of the numbers are caused by religious groups who feel they are above the law. not sure if any fines are being given, i highly doubt it.

such a shame to come so far in lowering the numbers to have one instance possibly set it back.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:14 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

The majority of the increases in Ohio are from the many colleges in the state. Most are back to full in person and it is spreading like crazy throughout the schools. Most seem to be very mild and don't even realize they have it until they have been tested. Most schools in the state, at the very minimum, do a random sampling and then it expands based on positive results due to tracing.