It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:32 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I guess I kind of got told off by Germa. My response: No!
Small loss!

"Offense"? Offensive! That is exactly what I would call the way you bossed Bryan and his voluntary contributions to this BB.

As for first language, it is also my only language and I pride myself on having an excellent usage of this language.

Monitor? Who else would think they had such power as to tell someone to stop something that so many folks enjoy and find interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:39 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

bryanzs wrote:
Hi, Joey. I can't post _more_ numbers, these are the only numbers I've got :-) Well, ok, just for you:

And the bonus number:

But my plan has been to continue posting these numbers each day until the number of active cases (and new daily cases) drops to some tiny number...

Very funny. Now I on Germa3's side.

Have to ask what's with the _ that you keep using. Like above "post_more_numbers".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:04 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

arubajoey wrote:

Hey, don't be upset, those numbers made someone a lot of money! (They're the NY Lotto numbers from last weekend, if you didn't recognize them)

arubajoey wrote:
Have to ask what's with the _ that you keep using. Like above "post_more_numbers".

Sorry, I've got a programming background (I've been working with computers for a loooong time), and in most cases when you wanted to emphasize text we didn't have fancy text editors. So underlining of text became _putting_underscores_around_words_, and making them *bold* meant putting asterisks around them. And of course, THIS IS SHOUTING.

This forum (and many others) now use something called bbcode, so I am familiar with how I can change the text either manually or via the little boxes at the top of the multiline textbox, but old habits die hard/old dogs and new tricks...

(Oh, and this "..." means "ellipsis")

:-)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:49 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

bryanzs wrote:
arubajoey wrote:

Hey, don't be upset, those numbers made someone a lot of money! (They're the NY Lotto numbers from last weekend, if you didn't recognize them)

arubajoey wrote:

Sorry, I've got a programming background (I've been working with computers for a loooong time), and in most cases when you wanted to emphasize text we didn't have fancy text editors. So underlining of text became _putting_underscores_around_words_, and making them *bold* meant putting asterisks around them. And of course, THIS IS SHOUTING.

This forum (and many others) now use something called bbcode, so I am familiar with how I can change the text either manually or via the little boxes at the top of the multiline textbox, but old habits die hard/old dogs and new tricks...

(Oh, and this "..." means "ellipsis")

:-)

I am so sorry I asked. Remind me never to ask you the time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:55 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

arubajoey wrote:
I am so sorry I asked. Remind me never to ask you the time.

Yes, indeed, NEVER ask a computer software developer the time, you will get a dissertation on 'what exactly is meant by "time"'?