Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Numbers for 12 October
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:57 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Happy <Columbus/Indigenous Peoples> Day

In a surprise twist, the number of deaths from Covid-19 has _decreased_ - no, no one has come back, but rather the doctors have decided that this most recent passing was not covid-19 related, as they originally thought. So the number of fatalities so far returns to 32.

There were 3 new positive cases (all residents) since yesterday's numbers were released, and 21 people marked "recovered", so there are now a total of 375 active cases.

274 people were tested since yesterday, 21 locals and 253 visitors at the airport.

At the hospital, there are 4 patients in the ICU and 10 patients in the "covid ward".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

No offense to you Bryanzs, but do we really need this every day?

This info that you are posting is neither a general question nor answer, which is the title of the forum. Again no offense.

The info that you are reporting can be accessed by everyone that is posting here on the board. If you can respond to bryanzs’ posts, you can access the info yourself.

And please, stop asking about what if’s!

If you want to come to Aruba, come on down. If you don’t, then don’t. Simple as that. Stop worrying about the “covid hotel”. Stop worrying about is it safe.

It is safe here. The covid hotel is actually the ritz. Everyone is wearing a mask. There is sanitizer up the wazoo. There is social distancing.

Enough already!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:02 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Well, that takes care of that!
I'm glad that there are monitors guarding us from stuff they do not like!
But, of course: "No offense"! What would you call it???

In any event, I am still appreciative of Bryan's reports every day as long as he is of the good spirit to provide them.
Thank you, Bryan. I'd rather read your report than the other. The occasional commentary you insert does add a nice touch.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:03 am 
Senior

I would also like to thank Bryan for his daily posts. I have been going to Aruba for 33 years and was a "fence rider" but I have decided to go again this year. It was either that or stay home and drive my new Corvette until the snow flies here in MA. Leaving Nov. 1 for 3 weeks at Divi Village. Can't wait. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:26 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Quote:
leftyjy

I'm glad that there are monitors guarding us from stuff they do not like!

will you just relax with these monitor/moderator comments

Quote:
leftyjy
But, of course: "No offense"! What would you call it???

i would call it no offense, just as i stated. english is your first language right?

Last edited by germa3 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:29 am 
Senior

Bryanz, please keep posting, I enjoy your updates!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:00 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

I don't think the posts will effect the Aruban tourism situation . The few of us that remain on this board are educated enough to make decisions about our travel with or without the posts . Thank you Bryanz I appreciate your effort .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:04 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

rcabata wrote:
Bryanz, please keep posting, I enjoy your updates!

ditto.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:20 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

germa3 wrote:

This info that you are posting is neither a general question nor answer, which is the title of the forum. Again no offense.

The info that you are reporting can be accessed by everyone that is posting here on the board. If you can respond to bryanzs’ posts, you can access the info yourself.

And please, stop asking about what if’s!

If you want to come to Aruba, come on down. If you don’t, then don’t. Simple as that. Stop worrying about the “covid hotel”. Stop worrying about is it safe.

It is safe here. The covid hotel is actually the ritz. Everyone is wearing a mask. There is sanitizer up the wazoo. There is social distancing.

Enough already!

As I look at your photo little girl and your rude comments I have to ask why at your age do you you have such anger issues. I am sure your mommy and daddy don't know about this post. You need a time out. Go to your room and think about of what you have done and write bryanzs and all the adults (not me) an apology.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:35 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

germa3 wrote:

<snip>

Enough already!

Hi, Germa3. No offense taken - I think everyone is suffering from "covid fatigue" these days.

In answer to your questions - I, too, thought that maybe I didn't need to post this information here, but it turns out that not EVERYONE is on social media (hard to believe, I know), or maybe they don't want to go looking in various other places (and weed through what may be a ton of other posts that they don't care about). I've asked a few times if people want this to continue, and the answer has been "yes" so far. So I think of it as a little service - no, it's not questions or answers (though if you HAVE questions I try to answer them), but it only takes me a minute to do each day (...since I'm tracking the numbers myself anyway).

In fact, I even went so far as to ask Richard (the board admin) if he was OK with this (when he first returned to Active Duty as admin) and he felt it was OK.

As to whether it's "enough already" - I can only suggest that, if my postings (and my occasional observations) (and the occasional responses) annoy you, they are easy enough to avoid. I don't make a habit of hiding the posts behind names that will confuse anyone - if you don't want to read about the numbers each day, my "pro tip" is "don't click on the link that says 'Numbers for xxxx, xx xxxx'". If that's too difficult to remember, feel free to block my posts entirely, if you don't feel they help you in any way.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:35 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Quote:
arubajoey

your rude comments

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: insert puking emoji

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:22 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I wish you would post more numbers.

People I know are going down Thanksgiving week with the entire family to celebrate the 70th of the patriarch. I leave the Monday after so I have become the official updater for myself and the rest of the 12 people going.

Information is power.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:44 am 
Sophomore

I look forward to the daily updates Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:46 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Hi, Joey. I can't post _more_ numbers, these are the only numbers I've got :-) Well, ok, just for you:

And the bonus number:

But my plan has been to continue posting these numbers each day until the number of active cases (and new daily cases) drops to some tiny number...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:01 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Brianzs, I look forward to your summary every day.

Could I look the numbers up myself? Yes, of course.

Would I look the numbers up myself? No, of course not.

What would I do if your daily updates upset me? I'd not bother to look at them.