It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:48 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Some bad news, another person has passed away due to covid-19, bringing the total number of deaths so far to 33.

There were 6 new cases (all residents) diagnosed since yesterday's numbers, and 15 people marked "recovered", so there are now a total of 393 active cases.

326 people were tested since yesterday, of which 33 were residents and 293 were visitors at the airport.

In the hospital, there are now 4 patients in the ICU (a decrease of 3 since yesterday) and 10 patients in the "covid ward" (an increase of 2)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:23 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Good to see this trend going in the right direction. If that continues and the necessary measures to sustain it remain in place, this could bring a positive decision for those "on the fence" about using their winter weeks.

The test requirements remain fairly onerous as someone who is not exposed, not symptomatic, not frontline, not contact-traced, cannot easily get the necessary test here in the time frame required.

Aruba's "curve" did not come from tourists, far from it, so I wonder if there is any discussion of adapting the testing requirements, while continuing to enforce a mask mandate in all indoor spaces and in crowded outdoor areas where distancing can't be maintained?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:20 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Why do you say Aruba's test requirement is onerous? As I understand it we will be tested when we land and are supposed to go straight to our timeshare. Test results will be online several hours(not days) later and then we are ok to be tourists unless we test positive. What's the problem? I know it's very difficult to be tested and get results in the USA with no symptoms but Aruba makes it easy upon arrival.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:38 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I head down end of November. I have made calls and research and there are places that can give you results quickly or within a few hours that meet the Aruba requirements. I downloaded the type of test the manufacturers and made that part of the research.
If you contact and tell them you have a 72 hour window places are aware of it and how to work with you.
Do your homework here. You may be surprised.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

jim f wrote:
Why do you say Aruba's test requirement is onerous? As I understand it we will be tested when we land and are supposed to go straight to our timeshare. Test results will be online several hours(not days) later and then we are ok to be tourists unless we test positive. What's the problem? I know it's very difficult to be tested and get results in the USA with no symptoms but Aruba makes it easy upon arrival.

"What's the problem"?

So, a person just cannot arrange all the testing in the USA criteria to get it done prior to travel so this person takes the test somewhere in the Aruba airport.
Then hang around for a while at their resort until the government emails test results. Said to be 8 hours??
God forbid one person in that travel group tests positive.

That is the problem.

And in reading Bryan's daily numbers, every now and then he reports on a visitor or two testing positive. And there is still no answer as to where those visitors are sent to quarantine for up to fourteen days and until this person shows a negative test.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:41 pm 

Also remember that if you are from one of these states (like I am):

Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming

You CANNOT just get tested on arrival - you have the have the negative test in advance.

And actually lefty makes a strong case for why you'd want to get tested in advance even if you don't HAVE to, because testing positive when you arrive is going to be MUCH worse for you and all your traveling companions than testing positive before you leave and canceling.

Source:
https://www.visitaruba.com/traveling-to ... -covid-19/
(iii) Negative Molecular COVID-19 test required
Three possible test procedure options are available depending on your place of residence:

Option 1: Take a test prior to arrival
Option 2: Only take a test upon arrival in Aruba (no other test results uploaded prior to travel)
Option 3: Dual testing process - Testing prior to travel and a mandatory Molecular PCR test at the airport in Aruba

IMPORTANT: Option 2 is not available to residents of the following high-risk US States (updated September 24, 2020):
Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cleary it is better to get tested here so you don't have to get there, get tested and find out you're positive.

As far as how Aruba is handling it it is their business. Don't like it don't go. Coming on here time after time B&M and telling Aruba what they are doing wrong or what they should do means NOTHING. Especially when you have no intentions of going in the near or distant future.

I found 4 (stoped after that) medical facilities that will give me a test and results in one day.Tow said in less then an hour. I plan on waiting as long as I can so if I do test positive I have time to cancel air and hotel.

Living in New York we are not on the Aruba S--T List yet but only time and Covid will tell.