All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: ED Testing
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:14 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Reading the Aruba Covid entry test timing has me unsure yet again.

"Test no more then 72 hours before arrival with results in time to load on the ED certificate."

So say I am going to Aruba and arriving on a Friday at 1:00PM Aruba time. 72 hours before that would be Tuesday at 1:00PM. Does that mean I have to get tested after 1:00 on Tuesday or anytime on Tuesday.

Post subject: Re: ED Testing
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:01 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

It is 72 hours prior to departure (not arrival)

Tests must be taken at 72 hours prior to departure (or closer to departure) and the results need to be uploaded no later than 12 hours prior to departure to Aruba. Any tests and results executed before 72 hours prior to departure to Aruba will not be valid.

Go to the VisitAruba website....all information is there I believe. That is where I got the above. I believe it is the official site

https://www.visitaruba.com/traveling-to ... -covid-19/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:18 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Just a bit of clarification (or additional confusion?) - people "are saying" that it's really 3 days, not 72 exact hours, when they've asked at aruba.com. So "in theory" it's any time on Tuesday, not just exactly 72 hours.

Again, to reiterate, this is "what's being said." (Enough "scare quotes" for ya?)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:56 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

If the government were to move that 72 hours testing kickoff back to 96 hours (that's one 24 hour period earlier.... only one day earlier) They would make it far easier for tourists to arrange a workable testing appointment and results availability which would enable a lot more travelers to feel more comfortable than with the current small window of opportunity.
I don't want to tell them what to do, but it seems so far that it is not the tourists that are bringing the virus into Aruba.
And, if the testing window were widened just that one day there would be a lot more tourists making the trip.
More tourists = more money.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:28 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

leftyjy, I love you man. If nothing you are consistent. Your "I'm just saying", "they should", "if they only would", "I don't want to tell them". comments.

Don't think people are not going because they may not get a test in time. No proof that an extra day would make any difference.

Aruba is not getting tourists because people don't want to travel, they are scared, have underlying health conditions and they may have to quarantine for 14 days when they get home.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:30 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Y'know what, Joe? You have a very obvious and serious axe to grind with me and it's getting to the point of being excessive and obnoxious!!!!

It's really starting to wear thin with me. Continue and I will contact Richard to take some action and I hate to do that for a variety of reasons not the least of which is that he just got out of a serious sick bay and does not need to deal with stuff like your BS.

Cut the OBVIOUS CRAP, Joe!