The Aruba Forums
It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here



CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:58 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 1:36 pm
Posts: 11426
Location: Bayville NJ
I just wanted to share this information. I asked United today if they are blocking any seats for social distancing and was told no. I'm not sure if this was specific to my flight from newark on 10/26 or in general but im glad i have a window seat.

_________________
Linda

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:26 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:17 pm
Posts: 7748
One reason I fly Business/First Class with the lovely Mrs AJ. I suggest you go on and check the seating chart to see where on the plane there may be more open seats.

_________________
It's a simple case of Mind over Matter.
I don't Mind and you don't matter. Brother Barry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:01 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 1:36 pm
Posts: 11426
Location: Bayville NJ
Yeah, joey I am. The agent also suggested i keep watching to see how the seats fill up. funny, it cost more to upgrade to first class than it is to cancel my seat and rebook it :roll:

_________________
Linda

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:31 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:05 pm
Posts: 26412
Location: New Hampshire/Aruba
Unfortunate. Some airlines are still blocking off middle seat. Another reason I won’t fly United :wink:

_________________
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."
John Quincy Adams


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:30 pm 
Offline
Prolific Very Helpful

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:10 pm
Posts: 742
Location: Alto Vista, Aruba
The only airline that continues to guarantee empty middle seats is Delta, I believe. I am certain, though, that both United and American have announced they are NOT blocking empty seats for social distancing.

With United, if the plane is over a certain percent full, they will send you a notification and allow you to change your flight with no charge. Of course, there's no guarantee that the flight you change to will remain less crowded...

Even with blocked middle seats, there's not enough room on an airplane for adequate social distancing (think about the people in the row ahead of you and behind you, as well as across the aisle - they are all within 2 meters...) The only thing you can hope is that everyone has a mask, wears their mask, and wears it correctly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:32 am 
Offline
Prolific Very Helpful

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:48 am
Posts: 467
bryanzs wrote:
The only airline that continues to guarantee empty middle seats is Delta, I believe. I am certain, though, that both United and American have announced they are NOT blocking empty seats for social distancing.

With United, if the plane is over a certain percent full, they will send you a notification and allow you to change your flight with no charge. Of course, there's no guarantee that the flight you change to will remain less crowded...

Even with blocked middle seats, there's not enough room on an airplane for adequate social distancing (think about the people in the row ahead of you and behind you, as well as across the aisle - they are all within 2 meters...) The only thing you can hope is that everyone has a mask, wears their mask, and wears it correctly.


Southwest is advertising “no middle seats thru 11/30. However, those in the same travel party can sit 3 across.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:16 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:43 am
Posts: 11843
Location: Minneapolis, MN
I have flown Delta a couple of times this month and was impressed with their safety protocol.

Delta will block middle seats in Comfort and Main cabins until Jan. 6. First Class will remain at 50% capacity though Oct. 31.

I am flying to Aruba on Delta on Oct 30 (a week before my husband) and they immediately blacked out the seat next to me in First Class so I have the row to myself.

_________________
~Amy~®

South Beach: Jan. 2020
New Orleans: Feb. 2020
Playa del Carmen: March 2020
San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020
40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:27 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:17 pm
Posts: 7748
Read that a guy who has flown throughout the pandemic wears several pairs of gloves. As he touches surfaces he removes a pair. Has several sets of masks. Looks for openings as he walks through the airport. Boards last. Sits as far away as he can when he has to sit anywhere. Brings his own food and wipes down his seat and area around it. Tries not to use the restroom on the plane. Carries hand sanitizer and wipes.
Seems a bit extreme for me but there are some things he does that may be worth a try.

_________________
It's a simple case of Mind over Matter.
I don't Mind and you don't matter. Brother Barry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:20 pm 
Offline
Senior
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 10:21 pm
Posts: 131
Location: MA
American is not blocking any seats. Just flew them Monday, both flights were full.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:23 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:17 pm
Posts: 7748
ArubaAmy wrote:
I am flying to Aruba on Delta on Oct 30 and they immediately blacked out the seat next to me in First Class so I have the row to myself.


Delta did it to protect the rest of the passengers.

_________________
It's a simple case of Mind over Matter.
I don't Mind and you don't matter. Brother Barry


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:19 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:43 am
Posts: 11843
Location: Minneapolis, MN
arubajoey wrote:
ArubaAmy wrote:
I am flying to Aruba on Delta on Oct 30 and they immediately blacked out the seat next to me in First Class so I have the row to myself.


Delta did it to protect the rest of the passengers.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
~Amy~®

South Beach: Jan. 2020
New Orleans: Feb. 2020
Playa del Carmen: March 2020
San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020
40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:07 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:47 am
Posts: 10087
If anybody is interested...we use a product called NOZIN which was recommended by a nurse when she flies and is in crowded situations.

I got it before my Aruba flight in March and we have been using it...especially during the time...don't wear masks, wear masks in the early phase of all this...since this is good to protect against Staph and MRSA...what the heck....can't hurt. The bottle lasts quite a while. Just ordered 2 more recently.

https://www.nozin.com/product/nozin-nas ... ml-bottle/

_________________
Jo-Ann


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:23 am 
Offline
Prolific Very Helpful

Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:05 pm
Posts: 864
Location: HAMILTON, ONT, CANADA
patsfan wrote:
If anybody is interested...we use a product called NOZIN which was recommended by a nurse when she flies and is in crowded situations.

I got it before my Aruba flight in March and we have been using it...especially during the time...don't wear masks, wear masks in the early phase of all this...since this is good to protect against Staph and MRSA...what the heck....can't hurt. The bottle lasts quite a while. Just ordered 2 more recently.

https://www.nozin.com/product/nozin-nas ... ml-bottle/


It's only alcohol with moisturizing agents. Might as well bring alcohol swabs and swab your nose. Staph aureus is a good bacteria that lives on everyone's skin and only becomes a problem if you cut your skin and it gets into the tissue below, or it overgrows because the patient takes an antibiotic for a different infection caused by a different bacterial agent. And it won't kill everything, and is not effective for a long time. It will only slow down the growth of any infectious agent. Box of 100 alcohol swabs is about $3. and you could keep them stuffed up your nose. No covid will get past that. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mohair and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group