It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I just wanted to share this information. I asked United today if they are blocking any seats for social distancing and was told no. I'm not sure if this was specific to my flight from newark on 10/26 or in general but im glad i have a window seat.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:26 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

One reason I fly Business/First Class with the lovely Mrs AJ. I suggest you go on and check the seating chart to see where on the plane there may be more open seats.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:01 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Yeah, joey I am. The agent also suggested i keep watching to see how the seats fill up. funny, it cost more to upgrade to first class than it is to cancel my seat and rebook it :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:31 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Unfortunate. Some airlines are still blocking off middle seat. Another reason I won’t fly United :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:30 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

The only airline that continues to guarantee empty middle seats is Delta, I believe. I am certain, though, that both United and American have announced they are NOT blocking empty seats for social distancing.

With United, if the plane is over a certain percent full, they will send you a notification and allow you to change your flight with no charge. Of course, there's no guarantee that the flight you change to will remain less crowded...

Even with blocked middle seats, there's not enough room on an airplane for adequate social distancing (think about the people in the row ahead of you and behind you, as well as across the aisle - they are all within 2 meters...) The only thing you can hope is that everyone has a mask, wears their mask, and wears it correctly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:32 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

bryanzs wrote:
The only airline that continues to guarantee empty middle seats is Delta, I believe. I am certain, though, that both United and American have announced they are NOT blocking empty seats for social distancing.

With United, if the plane is over a certain percent full, they will send you a notification and allow you to change your flight with no charge. Of course, there's no guarantee that the flight you change to will remain less crowded...

Even with blocked middle seats, there's not enough room on an airplane for adequate social distancing (think about the people in the row ahead of you and behind you, as well as across the aisle - they are all within 2 meters...) The only thing you can hope is that everyone has a mask, wears their mask, and wears it correctly.

Southwest is advertising “no middle seats thru 11/30. However, those in the same travel party can sit 3 across.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:16 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I have flown Delta a couple of times this month and was impressed with their safety protocol.

Delta will block middle seats in Comfort and Main cabins until Jan. 6. First Class will remain at 50% capacity though Oct. 31.

I am flying to Aruba on Delta on Oct 30 (a week before my husband) and they immediately blacked out the seat next to me in First Class so I have the row to myself.

South Beach: Jan. 2020
New Orleans: Feb. 2020
Playa del Carmen: March 2020
San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020
40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:27 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Read that a guy who has flown throughout the pandemic wears several pairs of gloves. As he touches surfaces he removes a pair. Has several sets of masks. Looks for openings as he walks through the airport. Boards last. Sits as far away as he can when he has to sit anywhere. Brings his own food and wipes down his seat and area around it. Tries not to use the restroom on the plane. Carries hand sanitizer and wipes.
Seems a bit extreme for me but there are some things he does that may be worth a try.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:20 pm 
Senior

American is not blocking any seats. Just flew them Monday, both flights were full.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:23 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

ArubaAmy wrote:
I am flying to Aruba on Delta on Oct 30 and they immediately blacked out the seat next to me in First Class so I have the row to myself.

Delta did it to protect the rest of the passengers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:19 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubajoey wrote:
ArubaAmy wrote:
I am flying to Aruba on Delta on Oct 30 and they immediately blacked out the seat next to me in First Class so I have the row to myself.

Delta did it to protect the rest of the passengers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

South Beach: Jan. 2020
New Orleans: Feb. 2020
Playa del Carmen: March 2020
San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020
40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:07 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

If anybody is interested...we use a product called NOZIN which was recommended by a nurse when she flies and is in crowded situations.

I got it before my Aruba flight in March and we have been using it...especially during the time...don't wear masks, wear masks in the early phase of all this...since this is good to protect against Staph and MRSA...what the heck....can't hurt. The bottle lasts quite a while. Just ordered 2 more recently.

https://www.nozin.com/product/nozin-nas ... ml-bottle/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:23 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

patsfan wrote:
If anybody is interested...we use a product called NOZIN which was recommended by a nurse when she flies and is in crowded situations.

I got it before my Aruba flight in March and we have been using it...especially during the time...don't wear masks, wear masks in the early phase of all this...since this is good to protect against Staph and MRSA...what the heck....can't hurt. The bottle lasts quite a while. Just ordered 2 more recently.

https://www.nozin.com/product/nozin-nas ... ml-bottle/

It's only alcohol with moisturizing agents. Might as well bring alcohol swabs and swab your nose. Staph aureus is a good bacteria that lives on everyone's skin and only becomes a problem if you cut your skin and it gets into the tissue below, or it overgrows because the patient takes an antibiotic for a different infection caused by a different bacterial agent. And it won't kill everything, and is not effective for a long time. It will only slow down the growth of any infectious agent. Box of 100 alcohol swabs is about $3. and you could keep them stuffed up your nose. No covid will get past that. :)