All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:17 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Right, Joe.

You are a cry baby, Joe. That little hissy-fit above speaks volumes.

There's nothing wrong with trying to get info. I tried to do that above. I put a little twist on it.
I guess AJ has a copywrite on that stuff. My bad, huh, Joe.

Jet Blue just released my dates for our next trip. So, I'm starting to figure out all that's involved with going. Airfare. Maintenance fees. Covid implications. Anyone who goes to the island nowadays might understand that these are far from normal times.

Understand this: I do not owe ANYONE any explanation for looking for info regarding all that's involved with planning for our next trip.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:49 pm 
Freshman

Blah Blah Blah......

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:51 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

leftyjy, feeling the walls closing in yet?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:20 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Why are you surprised? I fail to understand the big 'to do' about where tourists would be housed if they test positive. From what you have posted your decision is to not travel to Aruba (and I certainly respect that) so what difference will it make to you where covid positive tourists are housed. Think this through please....if a tourist tests positive I doubt very much they would be placed in to quote "a flea bag hotel". First of all I can't think of one and secondly, Aruba needs tourists to survive...their main desire is to create good will for and towards tourists. I would think Aruba would want to do what they can to make a sick tourist's stay as comfortable as possible. You (and likely your friends) have been coming to Aruba long enough to know this.

leftyjy wrote:
Wow, Ann. I'm surprised with what you said.

And thanking Joe? For what?

My interest? I have several friends who go to Aruba at various times of the year. We all converse frequently and a lot of the conversation revolves around what's involved with successfully getting to go to Aruba during the pandemic with all that's required. We are ALL INTERESTED!

My bit above was done with some 'tongue in cheek' but he didn't create it so he's pissed!

He thinks someone "B & M'd" to Richard, I guess about him. Definitely not me. I can handle myself without crying to momma!

And lastly: Joe is not some level of moderator in this BB! As long as I do not break any of the BB rules or get obnoxious he has absolutely no control about what others post.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:51 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

No walls, Joe.

I'm not the one who got into this all upset that people 'B & Md' to Richard about him "AGAIN"!
That would be you, joe.

I'm not the one who gets upset when folks drift off topic in threads, Joe.
That would be you, Joe.

I'm not the one who tries to tell someone what their plans are and what they should or shouldn't post in here about.
That would be you, Joe.

If there are walls, Joe, you are surrounded by them and by your own doing, thinking you have some moderator authority in here. You don't!

I have stooped too low already in this thread with explanations that I do not owe to anyone!

If my friends do ask me again about something Aruba I will simply start another thread to try to get answers for them.

Until then, I apologize to most folks in here for my abrupt responses to unnecessary controlling from others. I felt I had to respond in kind.... and I did.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:14 am 
Senior

Joey - I think you are being a little tough on Lefty. I vote for freedom of speech or this site will get even fewer post than the dwindling numbers now being posted.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:28 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

I disagree ! No Leftys on this board and no free speech . It's bad enough you let dope smoking commie Canadians like me on this board :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:30 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

:shock: Ok that was joke ! Im' just joking :D OK ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:21 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Two months from tomorrow I head for 14 days in Aruba. I have a dog in the fight. I need to have updated info on what is going on in Aruba. I am researching local testing locations here in New York. I want Aruba and it's people to be safe. I am planning on staying healthy and focused. I have been going to Aruba for over 40 years.

If I was not going then I would keep updated but what Aruba was or wasn't doing would mean little to me. Clearly people have made their decisions when or if ever to go back to Aruba.

So be forewarned I will continue to comment on the non-goers and negative people who only comment on what Aruba is doing wrong and what Aruba should be doing.

As I noted earlier on this thread trip reports are all positive, ann is there and alive and well, bryanzs is reporting and I see that Aruba is struggling with the same problems and challenges that the world is. They will get through it but for those of you who only see the problems and negatives I feel bad for you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I admit I also was wondering why nothing has been posted anywhere on where these covid people are being kept. I won't even think of posting my reason why here :wink: