It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:59 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

There has been some confusion, and various answers, to the question of what "going directly to your hotel" means after you do your test upon arrival at the airport here in Aruba. To clarify, I sent an email to the "additional questions?" email address on aruba.com, and got an answer back very quickly. So, to put any confusion to rest, it IS allowed for you to go pick up a rental car - while you remain masked - and then drive it directly to your hotel.

You can't stop at the grocery store, you can't go out and do other things, but you CAN get your rental car, you don't have to take a taxi.

Hope that helps someone!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:15 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks but after you get your rental car how do they know where you go. We usually go straight to the resort check in and strip down, head for the beach and bar and watch the sunset. Eat near the resort and then make a quick basic stuff run to Superfoods or Lings.

Maybe Aruba should issue ankle bracelets or make people carry GPS devices till they get their results.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:16 am 
Junior

arubajoey, my friend, you accused me of giving bad advice in your "but but but" thread. I am still waiting for you to provide an example of this. What are you doing here? Saying that you go out to the beach or the grocery store? I hope that you aren't giving advice here! You should go to your room and be in a timeout until you can follow the rules! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:10 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

The self quarantine while awaiting results is on the honor system, you are expected to do the right thing. There is a large fine (approx $5,500) if you break it.

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:31 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

arubajoey wrote:
Thanks but after you get your rental car how do they know where you go. We usually go straight to the resort check in and strip down, head for the beach and bar and watch the sunset. Eat near the resort and then make a quick basic stuff run to Superfoods or Lings.

Maybe Aruba should issue ankle bracelets or make people carry GPS devices till they get their results.

I proposed that all visitors awaiting test results should be given a "tour" of our lovely resort at the other end of the island, the KIA day spa and detention center, but apparently that wouldn't be "good optics" :roll:

More seriously, the government hopes that arriving tourists will be (a) inclined to follow the instructions and (b) dissuaded from breaking quarantine by the penalties if caught. Perhaps it seems naive or unrealistic, but that's "the plan" as it stands now...

I have heard that some resorts may be doing their best to help the guests quarantine once they arrive - at the La Cabana, I think it is, when you check in and you're awaiting your results, the room key is only valid for 30 minutes. So you'll have enough time to get to your room, but you probably won't go out again since you'll be locked out - and going to the front desk for help will expose your breaking of quarantine. I don't know if other resorts are doing the same, but they might be.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:56 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

bryanzs wrote:
I proposed that all visitors awaiting test results should be given a "tour" of our lovely resort at the other end of the island, the KIA day spa and detention center, but apparently that wouldn't be "good optics" :roll:

More seriously, the government hopes that arriving tourists will be (a) inclined to follow the instructions and (b) dissuaded from breaking quarantine by the penalties if caught. Perhaps it seems naive or unrealistic, but that's "the plan" as it stands now...

I have heard that some resorts may be doing their best to help the guests quarantine once they arrive - at the La Cabana, I think it is, when you check in and you're awaiting your results, the room key is only valid for 30 minutes. So you'll have enough time to get to your room, but you probably won't go out again since you'll be locked out - and going to the front desk for help will expose your breaking of quarantine. I don't know if other resorts are doing the same, but they might be.

I have heard this also and it seems a reasonably effective method to "remind" regarding quarantine. Get your car, go to your hotel or timeshare, and STAY in your room (and/or balcony, presumably) while you await your test results.

There are various options to have groceries delivered to your timeshare, and I'm confident there are many options for meal delivery as well. It sounds as though the test is expedited as much as possible. So just sit tight and follow the rules. It's for everyone's protection and wellbeing. The last thing any Aruba lover wants is to cause community spread on the island.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:10 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I so hope what you heard about La Cabana is true....what a great solution!!!! Thanks for posting bryanzs. Today was a lovely island day...this information made it perfect!! :D