It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:39 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Here is the difference, In January-March we had no idea what was happening. Now it is beaten into our heads daily so any community spread would likely take days to discover providing someone has symptoms which is likely based on the supposed contagiousness. Two very recent studies say cloth masks need to have at minimum 2-3 layers for any type of effectiveness and that the exhaust valves are making the mask completely useless as unfiltered air passes through the valve every time you breath.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:01 am 
Junior

Arubagal, this is the scenario that you offered:

My concern is that a person can test negative on arrival, have been exposed to the Virus during their travel day, and then BE Covid positive (and shedding virus) 3-5 days later BUT if they are asymptomatic or insufficiently concerned to go and get tested, no one will know. Equally possible, someone tested negative 72 hours before traveling out of a "hot" state BUT has been exposed enroute to the island. In either case, the only way this would be picked up is with a test approximately 3-5 days after arrival (which isn't going to happen).

This could happen anywhere in the world where the virus is present. If you are worried to travel somewhere that makes you this uncomfortable you should stay home. I quoted you the odds of encountering someone with the virus while both of you are wearing masks. The odds are more than 1000-1. As soon as you go outside in Aruba the winds will completely disperse any virus! :) :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:48 pm 
Freshman

Mohair wrote:

My concern is that a person can test negative on arrival, have been exposed to the Virus during their travel day, and then BE Covid positive (and shedding virus) 3-5 days later BUT if they are asymptomatic or insufficiently concerned to go and get tested, no one will know. Equally possible, someone tested negative 72 hours before traveling out of a "hot" state BUT has been exposed enroute to the island. In either case, the only way this would be picked up is with a test approximately 3-5 days after arrival (which isn't going to happen).

This could happen anywhere in the world where the virus is present. If you are worried to travel somewhere that makes you this uncomfortable you should stay home. I quoted you the odds of encountering someone with the virus while both of you are wearing masks. The odds are more than 1000-1. As soon as you go outside in Aruba the winds will completely disperse any virus! :) :)

WRONG!

So if someone sneezes or coughs in front of me and the wind is blowing towards me, I won't be affected?

Before you answer, think of how many times someone (on the windy, breezy beaches of Aruba) has sprayed suntan lotion on themselves and you wind up with more suntan lotion on you then they have managed to get on themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:01 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Ricky, not to speak for Mohair (rather speak about him behind his back) but I think the smiley faces he posted sized up what he was really saying.

As far as the the over spray that is how I get my lotion on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:19 pm 
Junior

Ricky wrote:
Mohair wrote:

WRONG!

So if someone sneezes or coughs in front of me and the wind is blowing towards me, I won't be affected?

Before you answer, think of how many times someone (on the windy, breezy beaches of Aruba) has sprayed suntan lotion on themselves and you wind up with more suntan lotion on you then they have managed to get on themselves.

:D :D