All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Quit your belly aching
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:46 am 
Senior

Just wait! Don't go. So many stories of people going, not going what happens if? Complaining about something that hasn't happened yet or may happen. Aruba is doing the best they can with what they know, they are trying to protect thier people and bring back the tourist economy. Give them a break! If you want to go then go, but accept the rules they are trying to enforce and enjoy what the island is able to offer right now. If you can't deal with some rules then stay home or go to that better place with no restrictions, otherwise Aruba will be shut down again if they can't control this. We're going like normal, willing to accept all the rules, also planning an extra trip next month. 4 months early. If you're a true Aruba fan I hope to see you there, otherwise do everyone a favor and stay home.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:06 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

My, my. Someone had lumpy oatmeal this morning.

It's human nature to gripe, just like you did above.

We'll all get over it, just like you will, right? :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:22 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

A little harsh on your views . This a a new phenomena that all countries are having to deal with. In particular those that depend on Tourism as their main source of income. Of course there are still bugs to be worked out to make it a lot easier for entry and not create Big lines at the airport for people arriving and leaving. Just like people got used to taking off shoes and belts in the Post 9/11 world in the post Coronavirus world PPE will probably be a standard for boarding. Testing for infection will be a requirement for the immediate future. I can wait till 2021 to see how it shakes out . The system should be much improved and streamlined either by early spring or late spring 2021 either the virus has decreased by people taken the right precautions or it increases because they don't. I still love to travel either to Aruba , any other Caribbean destination or to Southeast Asia The procedures will more than likely be the same. 8)

Hawklords

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:57 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I usually never pay attention to posters with less than 10,000 posts here :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:41 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ronnieb, I love you but you used to be an Aruba contributor but likely 10,000 plus of your posts are in the Swamp and have nothing to do with Aruba.

The Swamp was created because there were people who came on the BB and their topics had nothing to do with Aruba. Suzi and Richard realized that they didn't want to lose people so as I remember they opened up the Swamp. The last thread topic on this BB below topics that have not had posts in years.

Things like what's for dinner, cat and dog doctor visits, daily hello's and good morning, insane what they are doing today. Happy Birthday's, Anniversaries, Colonoscopies, dentist visits.

I bet 90% of the Swamp people haven't been to Aruba in many years. Likely a few never but they will tell you how to make a great pot roast and get yet they get "Aruba posting credits".

Back to the Swamp with you.

Last edited by arubajoey on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:46 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

19,000 posts in 15 years? What is meritorious about that? :|

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:41 pm 
Sophomore

Long time reader (lurker). Since March 16 I have repeatedly come to this website and others as i search for answers to what Covid 19 means to me and my relationship with Aruba. I had one trip in May cancelled, ( rescheduled to November) and now have booked another trip for September. I am frustrated, sad, depressed, etc about what has gone on in Aruba and throughout the world. But, there are no pity parties scheduled in my neighborhood. These are what they call "first world problems" We've been dealt a sh**ty hand but there are a lot more people in much more worse situations in the world. Not going on vacation isn't the end of the world. I read that Houston TX has 43 pages of obituaries last week. Thats a real problem. Not being able to get a covid 19 test within 72 hours, not a real problem. Maybe getting hung up at the airport, not a real problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:03 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

"Not a real problem"? Easy to say.

When all your plans just disappear because a test is not available and the results cannot arrive on time? "Not a real problem"?

When you get off the plane, take their test, show positive and get dragged to some fleabag hotel somewhere for 14 days. Worse, the rest of your travel party gets dragged right along with you and they tested negative? "Not a real problem"?

And the insurance you were forced to buy covers you for 'Playa Fleabag' but the same insurance each person in your travel party was also forced to buy does NOT cover their costs of confinement! "Not a real problem"? Now THAT is not only a problem but very pathetic!!

When your thousands of dollars in timeshare rentals or maintenance fees go unrefunded? "Not a real problem"?

A problem is just that.... a problem! Some are worse than others for sure. But do not try to minimize what ruins somebody's hopes and plans due to pretty much overly stringent requirements.

I get a kick out of folks who pass off someone else's discomfort with an energetic "Oh, well. It's not a real problem".
Get real!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:52 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubajoey wrote:
ronnieb, I love you but you used to be an Aruba contributor but likely 10,000 plus of your posts are in the Swamp and have nothing to do with Aruba.

The Swamp was created because there were people who came on the BB and their topics had nothing to do with Aruba. Suzi and Richard realized that they didn't want to lose people so as I remember they opened up the Swamp. The last thread topic on this BB below topics that have not had posts in years.

Things like what's for dinner, cat and dog doctor visits, daily hello's and good morning, insane what they are doing today. Happy Birthday's, Anniversaries, Colonoscopies, dentist visits.

I bet 90% of the Swamp people haven't been to Aruba in many years. Likely a few never but they will tell you how to make a great pot roast and get yet they get "Aruba posting credits".

I've always felt the same about the Swamp - in the time I've been a member, I don't think I've visited the Swamp more than 5 times & don't recall posting anything there. Someone will post "Tuesday Morning", which will be followed by many Good Morning's. I have no problems with it - it's like a social club. When I see someone posting in the General Q & A that I've never noticed post there before & they have over 30,000 posts - then I know they're swamp dwellers.

“As a general rule, when the NY Times, the Washington Post, NPR, Public Broadcasting Service, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, and CNN begin to parrot a narrative, the truth often is found in simply believing just the opposite”. Victor Davis Hanson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:56 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I don't have a problem with the people who have a problem. None of us can fit the problem and as long as the problem exists it will be a problem for some and not a problem for others.

Any questions?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:21 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubajoey wrote:

Joeys don't matter to me :lol: If someone asks a question here that I have any information on it, I will post to the best of my knowledge. I will not post on what restaurants do you recommend, who has the best pizza, stupid shi# like that. How many times you been kicked off this website? :lol:

More like 30%

Last edited by ronnieb on Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:47 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

comet07 wrote:
arubajoey wrote:

I've always felt the same about the Swamp - in the time I've been a member, I don't think I've visited the Swamp more than 5 times & don't recall posting anything there. Someone will post "Tuesday Morning", which will be followed by many Good Morning's. I have no problems with it - it's like a social club. When I see someone posting in the General Q & A that I've never noticed post there before & they have over 30,000 posts - then I know they're swamp dwellers.

Most of the knowledgeable people about Aruba, come from the swamp, not here.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:33 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ronnie, so to continue to beat a dead horse the most knowable people on Aruba don''t post about Aruba on the Q and A. Thanks for clarifying it.

So folks if you have questions on Aruba don't post or ask on this thread go to the Swamp. You will get all your questions answered.

PS What's for dinner?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:43 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubajoey wrote:
ronnie, so to continue to beat a dead horse the most knowable people on Aruba don''t post about Aruba on the Q and A. Thanks for clarifying it.

So folks if you have questions on Aruba don't post or ask on this thread go to the Swamp. You will get all your questions answered.

PS What's for dinner?

Very true, yes. If you want to know something, you come to the swamp period. Not a lot of people post here any more, or you go to Facebook with all the Aruba groups. Kielbasa, corn on the cob, mac salad and chicken :P How bout you? Tito's :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:16 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I was lucky enough to use my 5 weeks Timeshare this year. I left Aruba on March 14th 2 days before they shut down...I am concerned about going back.Iam scheduled to go back Feb 6th already bought my Airfare.But I am hoping that I can find a place to do the test in the timely fashion that Aruba requires. I had no problem with them putting rules and regulations..BUT some of us are having a hard time finding place to get test in the 72hr window and I really don't want to go without one and get tested there and find out I am POSITIVE..NO NO..So, that 's my dilemma and I think it's the same for others..I'm not COMPLAINING,,I am just stating what is a fact for many..