All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:21 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

thanks for the laughs guys!

I check in here daily but mostly post in the swamp. If i have something useful to add i do but don't like to pile onto info thats been answered to death. I've been going to the island every year for the past 28 years and because of the swamp i got to meet alot of great people on and off the island. Joey someday i hope to meet you and the mrs.

now do i get the off topic award :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:00 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Alexa wrote:
I was lucky enough to use my 5 weeks Timeshare this year. I left Aruba on March 14th 2 days before they shut down...I am concerned about going back.Iam scheduled to go back Feb 6th already bought my Airfare.But I am hoping that I can find a place to do the test in the timely fashion that Aruba requires. I had no problem with them putting rules and regulations..BUT some of us are having a hard time finding place to get test in the 72hr window and I really don't want to go without one and get tested there and find out I am POSITIVE..NO NO..So, that 's my dilemma and I think it's the same for others..I'm not COMPLAINING,,I am just stating what is a fact for many..

Sorry for the interruption:

Hi, Alexa. What (apparently) many people are doing is taking a test a week or two before, and - if they're negative - trying to 'self isolate' as best they can until they travel. That way, even if they can't get manage the 72 hour turnaround for the pre-flight test, they can at least feel confident that they will test negative upon arrival (and, as a bonus, that they're not potentially getting their fellow travelers sick during the flight down). I don't know if that's an option for you, but it's something that might help.

Now, back to the (unfortunately) entirely off-topic posts in this thread...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:03 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

bryanzs, I will let it slip this one time only but I will keep and eye (the good one) on you.

Others do NOT interrupt the treads that start about Aruba and important Aruba issues and descend into BS.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:25 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

arubajoey wrote:
bryanzs, I will let it slip this one time only but I will keep and eye (the good one) on you.

Others do NOT interrupt the treads that start about Aruba and important Aruba issues and descend into BS.

I understand, and feel suitably chastised :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:40 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

lindaspooky wrote:
thanks for the laughs guys!

I check in here daily but mostly post in the swamp. If i have something useful to add i do but don't like to pile onto info thats been answered to death. I've been going to the island every year for the past 28 years and because of the swamp i got to meet alot of great people on and off the island. Joey someday i hope to meet you and the mrs.

now do i get the off topic award :lol:

Same here. Been going to Aruba 20yrs but only post here if I feel I can add something to the conversation. But I do enjoy some of the verbal jousting that happens sometimes :lol: :lol:

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:44 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Another swamp dweller here - been going to Aruba since 2004.
I saw this thread as soon as it was posted and thought wow...I don't think anyone is "belly aching"
about the covid situation and travel to/from Aruba. I think people are anxious about taking the trip.
It can be complicated. You can still love the island. :roll:

Not sure what's for dinner tonight. :mrgreen: