CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:20 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Want stats?

https://arubatouristchannel.com/blog/20 ... dAuYzeHg7o

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:02 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks leftyjy,

Let's all keep our fingers crossed and say a pray for Aruba and the visitors.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:57 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

"Want stats?"
Yes I did.
Stats were welcome, but the real questions I have are:
Which hotel got nominated for the quarantine duty????
What is the name of the insurance company tapped to underwrite the new policies that are being sold????
How are the airport tests going????
How do the folks from the "bad" states manage to get test results quickly enough to get on the plane????

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:37 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Happy, the only info on efficiency I can come up with is:

Yesterday, Thursday, a family of four from Germany arrived at Costa Linda explaining that it took about 50 minutes to get thru the interview and Covid check-up at the airport. I don't know where they took the test, either home or at the airport. But they had a negative result so three cheers for them. I don't know if they had to do the ED form.

I remember reading a few days ago in one of the several sites I check that the required insurance coverage is provided by four or five different Aruba based companies.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:22 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Lefty, my original questions remain. We are now 3 days into the new reopening of the island. No one knows where you would go if you flunked the test????The place must be empty, with medical staff/equipment on standby. Or are the unlucky people going to have to wait for all the medical support to be brought in as necessary? Not to be dramatic, but that might be a death sentence for someone......
Also by now it would seem that this new "insurance" would not just be unique to Aruba. As we continue to open up the world pandemic or not it would certainly seem logical that many other companies would start to quote policies that would include Covid coverage. This thing is going to be with us for some time and we certainly cannot just shut down the world indefinitely.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:47 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

happyt1 wrote:
Lefty, my original questions remain. We are now 3 days into the new reopening of the island. No one knows where you would go if you flunked the test????The place must be empty, with medical staff/equipment on standby. Or are the unlucky people going to have to wait for all the medical support to be brought in as necessary? Not to be dramatic, but that might be a death sentence for someone......
Also by now it would seem that this new "insurance" would not just be unique to Aruba. As we continue to open up the world pandemic or not it would certainly seem logical that many other companies would start to quote policies that would include Covid coverage. This thing is going to be with us for some time and we certainly cannot just shut down the world indefinitely.

The hospital is open & fully staffed so if you needed medical attention you would be taken there, the quarantine hotel would be if you test positive with either no symptoms or mild symptoms

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:51 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Happy, nobody needed to go into quarantine yet.

There will be a designated place to function as quarantine hotel. Everything will be ready, so that if needed COVID wings will be isolated in this hotel and staff will be there. If not needed, there is no staff there.

As Pammy said, if you need more than basic medical care, you will be transported to the hospital.

There will be minimal medical staff in the hotel, most will be people that will just give you care (cleaning, food, etc).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:39 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

dutchdushi wrote:

There will be a designated place to function as quarantine hotel. Everything will be ready, so that if needed COVID wings will be isolated in this hotel and staff will be there. If not needed, there is no staff there.

As Pammy said, if you need more than basic medical care, you will be transported to the hospital.

There will be minimal medical staff in the hotel, most will be people that will just give you care (cleaning, food, etc).

Thanks.....
I have to admit that I am a slight bit concerned that my resort could be tapped as the place.....perhaps foolishly so.
I suppose I should just look at the bright side-I might make a killing smuggling in the cigars, booze and cigarettes for the detainees.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:47 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

happyt1 wrote:
dutchdushi wrote:

Thanks.....
I have to admit that I am a slight bit concerned that my resort could be tapped as the place.....perhaps foolishly so.
I suppose I should just look at the bright side-I might make a killing smuggling in the cigars, booze and cigarettes for the detainees.

I don’t think a nice sea side resort will the place where they put you in quarantine. So don’t worry!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:33 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

If you come to Aruba thinking you may have or may have been exposed to Covid-19 then your "resort" should be the Aruban jail on the other side of the island. It seems to offer ocean views.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:57 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

arubajoey wrote:
If you come to Aruba thinking you may have or may have been exposed to Covid-19 then your "resort" should be the Aruban jail on the other side of the island. It seems to offer ocean views.

Just remember, there's no airco, and the windows are too high to catch the breeze...as far as I have been told.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:10 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

They have windows? Sounds like a luxurious resort atmosphere.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:14 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

arubajoey wrote:
They have windows? Sounds like a luxurious resort atmosphere.

I'm sure it could be turned into a great B&B ad:
"Enjoy the rustic isolation, far away from the busy crowds. No need to travel anywhere, all meals are provided on site! Close to bars..."