It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:00 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Radio 104.3, "Fresh Aruba" usually gets news like this very quickly and generally releases it. Nothing!

I hope this original report is valid. There is one other person, familiar to this BB, who has "heard" something HOT but has no details!

It could be that there is no official release yet but will happen soon???

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:37 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I am not a prejudiced person but let's put the blame where it came from. China is to blame. Not the people but the Communist Government. If all was handled properly we would not be having this thread. Go ahead and delete this post but it is true

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:45 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Forgot to add we should stop buying Chinese products.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:13 am 
Junior

I just checked the prime minister's facebook page and she did not put out this information. It is also not on the visitaruba.com site or the health requirements webpage. People going on the 10th would already have had their test. Let's wait for official word.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:42 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Well, I got the message on aruba.nu, which is a Dutch language news site. I also can’t find it on any other site. There is an article on the Diario with the headline that Aruba opens its borders for Americans, except from those from “hot” areas. But the article talks about the test must ge taken previously to bording. I don’t know where this information from a normal reliable source comes from. I hope I didn’t cause to upset people with news that is not true in the end. :oops:
Will see if we hear more today.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:25 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

leftyjy wrote:
Radio 104.3, "Fresh Aruba" usually gets news like this very quickly and generally releases it. Nothing!

I hope this original report is valid. There is one other person, familiar to this BB, who has "heard" something HOT but has no details!

It could be that there is no official release yet but will happen soon???

I get all my reliable info from a few different Aruba groups on Facebook. One group is Aruba! Charles Asch posts everything that comes out of Aruba, very reliable.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:49 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Just checked the English translation on Aruba.nu and it does state those tourists from the 24 listed states are now not allowed entry. However, we should all wait until the government issues a directive.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:57 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

I'm still not seeing this change anywhere on the "reliable" spots, and nothing updated on aruba.com. I would have expected some confirmation by now if such a big change was happening.

I think maybe it might have been a misinterpretation of the changes, or some "loose talk" by a minister that didn't turn out to be a new rule.

Of course, it doesn't meant they WON'T make further changes...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

For those folks traveling on 7/10 and later, they must get tested beginning today if Aruba is going to accept that test date and the results.

Of course, if all of the above is true then taking that test will be a waste of money and time for people who have just become 'Banned'!

It is really time for someone in an official government capacity to step up and explain it all with a lot of exposure, good or bad so those that are affected can react correctly and punctually.

They want everything their way, by their rules, and that's ok. But for everyone' sake TELL EVERYONE what's going on!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:30 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

leftyjy, calm down buddy. I have visions of you hyperventilating, beet red and smoke coming out of your ears.

Aruba's first responsibility is to Aruba and it's citizens. "Plan for the worst and hope for the best".

We are all in a dark room with a blindfold on trying to find the way out. Which is the way out. No one knows.

I sincerely hope that things go well for Aruba. "Plan for the worst and hope for the best"

Here is something new for you to obsess about. How will US Customs handle people returning.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:05 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Dealing with things, customs, tests, quarantines, AFTER the Aruba vacation will be a piece of cake.

Like I said: Their country, their rules, their people. I get that. I believe everyone gets that. But talk to us! Tell us who are waiting at the doorstep just what's going on.

And, yes, it is mega frustrating that someone in power (Lord have mercy!!!) down there does not have the foresight to be prompt with info on such impactful issues.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:28 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

leftyjy wrote:
Dealing with things, customs, tests, quarantines, AFTER the Aruba vacation will be a piece of cake.

Like I said: Their country, their rules, their people. I get that. I believe everyone gets that. But talk to us! Tell us who are waiting at the doorstep just what's going on.

And, yes, it is mega frustrating that someone in power (Lord have mercy!!!) down there does not have the foresight to be prompt with info on such impactful issues.

Hi, Leftyjy. I guess I'm not quite clear what you're looking for? The official rules - the people who need to "tell us" - are updated on the aruba.com site. That is the _official_ statement of the rules and requirements. You're right, they didn't update you all about the closing of the "hot spot" states - because that didn't happen.

As to why they can't have the foresight and/or give enough warning - it may be trite to say that "these events are fast-moving", but it's still appropriate here. The daily positive COVID-19 rates for each US state changes - as you would expect - _daily_. And so that means that any decision that's made today might not be appropriate tomorrow.

I know it's immensely frustrating for everyone, but when things change fast, the response has to change fast too. A couple of weeks ago, there weren't these "hot spot" states (or there were different ones), and so the response by the government has had to change to reflect that.

And as I've mentioned, I would not be surprised if (should things in the US get worse) there will be _further_ changes. And these changes will happen at the last minute, because they reflect last-minute events.

We all know, really, that the best thing for Aruba "health wise" is to keep the borders with the US shut. And we all know the best thing "economy wise" is to reopen the border. So the government of Aruba will be like the dog choosing between two bones, going back and forth (hat tip to this DEVO song). Let's hope it finds a happy medium and doesn't starve to death...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:31 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

arubajoey wrote:
leftyjy, calm down buddy. I have visions of you hyperventilating, beet red and smoke coming out of your ears.

Aruba's first responsibility is to Aruba and it's citizens. "Plan for the worst and hope for the best".

We are all in a dark room with a blindfold on trying to find the way out. Which is the way out. No one knows.

I sincerely hope that things go well for Aruba. "Plan for the worst and hope for the best"

Here is something new for you to obsess about. How will US Customs handle people returning.

Sorry, just wanted to update everyone that I will be seeking immediate treatment for COVID-19, since obviously I am seriously ill. This is now at least the third time recently I've found myself agreeing with ArubaJoey...

:o

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:34 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ArubaCovid19..... this group posted the following video:

https://www.facebook.com/49843357683762 ... 77444/?d=n

Approx 13 minutes, decent watching.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:57 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

[quote="bryanzs"Sorry, just wanted to update everyone that I will be seeking immediate treatment for COVID-19, since obviously I am seriously ill. This is now at least the third time recently I've found myself agreeing with ArubaJoey...o[/quote]

Covid-19 treatment will not work.

ArubaJoeyism is a mental condition. Normally large amounts of alcohol will help but that also leads to believing even more of the things I say.

Welcome to the dark side.