It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:33 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

It seems that the government of Aruba decided to only allow a limited number of American visitors from “safe” states to enter the country from 7/10. Visitors from 24 states that are deemed unsafe are not allowed to enter Aruba.

Update some hours later: this seems to be wrong information. My source is usually reliable, but it is not this time. My excuses for causing uproar about nothing!

Last edited by dutchdushi on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:13 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I thought it was that residents of those states were REQUIRED to take the Covid test at no earlier than 72 hours prior to departure and post the results in their ED form no later than 12 hours prior to departure, and that they could NOT take that test in Aruba.

Are you saying that residents of those 24 states are flat out BANNED from travel to Aruba?

Perhaps you read an update to the two previous announcements on Thursday and Friday.

There's a big difference between the two announcements.
Please provide an official source for your info.
Thanx.

Last edited by leftyjy on Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:19 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

leftyjy wrote:
I thought it was that residents of those states were REQUIRED to take the Covid test at 72 hours prior to departure and that they could NOT take that test in Aruba.
Perhaps you read an update to the two previous announcements on Thursday and Friday.
Are you saying that residents of those 24 states are flat out BANNED from travel to Aruba?
There's a big difference between the two announcements.

Yes, they are banned from entering. This was just on a press conference with the prime minister.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:21 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

WOW! That's going to have a huge impact for however many folks had plans for air travel and lodging at this short notice.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:30 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

leftyjy wrote:
WOW! That's going to have a huge impact for however many folks had plans for air travel and lodging at this short notice.

It absolutely does. There are 6 flights from the States on 7/10 and it is unclear how many will actually happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:33 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

There's gotta be people with flights from 'banned' states into 'allowed' airports to make connecting flights to Aruba. What happens to them?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:38 pm 
Prolific

Is it the state of residence that they are looking at? What will determine the state that is banned? ED card, originating flight, ??

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:40 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

leftyjy wrote:
There's gotta be people with flights from 'banned' states into 'allowed' airports to make connecting flights to Aruba. What happens to them?

I have no idea. The banned states are Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevado, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:41 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Ladydb wrote:
Is it the state of residence that they are looking at? What will determine the state that is banned? ED card, originating flight, ??

Of course it is the state of residence. How they will establish where you are from, I really do not know.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:44 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

I can tell first hand it sucks ! Canada closed its boarders to the world and it is hurting a lot of people . I respect the courage of the American and European people for opening up and I hope it turns around for the better . That said this virus has a mind of its own and more scientists are saying a vaccine in 2020 is not realistic . Fingers crossed for December .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:47 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

On the required ED form that is filled out by 12 hours prior to departure.
That airport is going to be absolutely crazy on the 10th and for several days after.
I hope there will be a police presence at the airport because there will be plenty of people told to turn around and go home or be quarantined at some mystery place on Aruba.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:02 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

For folks flying out on Friday, July 10 or Saturday or Sunday, they will be hustling around tomorrow, Wed. and Thurs. to try to get their test done so they can hopefully post their negative results on the ED form only to learn that it is all for naught!
Aruba just made drastic, devastating changes to what was already a real mess for folks from those states. At least they had a hope that with a negative test result posted they were set to go! Now, unless they learn this latest news they're screwed!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:53 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

EAST COAST RULES! for now anyway.

I believe the majority of visitors to Aruba are from the East Coast north of Washington DC anyway. What are those tens of thousands of yearly visitors from the Dakota's and other fly over States going to do.

leftyjy, you do know you can go if you want. MA is not on the list.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:46 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

My daughter's maid of honor and her husband live in Ohio. Per my recommendations over the last couple of years
They decided to go in 2020. Departure was to be on Sunday to the Bucuti.

This seems to be such a HUGE decision for the government to make right on the heels of their announcement last Friday. A decision that wipes out whatever hopes remained for a lot of folks with made plans of all kinds.

I understood when Aruba closed their gates. I understood when they released their schedule of dates for residents of various countries to go, US included. I think a lot of folks understood their right to protect themselves while letting the tourism dollars trickle back into the country.

But, if this decision is true, and I've seen nor heard nothing, and I've made a couple calls and sent a couple faxes to two people, friends, I guess, both in the know, I cannot get thru.

For the government to supersede last weeks revelation with this bombshell is just plain ill conceived. This is not like trying on shoes. On, off, on, off, on......OFF. The prime minister is wrong with this one. In retrospect, she should never have issued the previous listing of staggered dates for various countries. Economy be damned, close the country until there is better knowledge of what she's working with.

Sorry. This time she's wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:00 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

leftyjy...I understand your upset....but let's face it ...it is upsetting because it directly impacts people you know. I understand. From a different perspective I have changed my plans on returning to NH...will wait and see the results of Saturday's rally. NH has decreased its new cases significantly...I pray they hold...but it will be 2 weeks before we know. My very dear NH friends rent a lovely home in Maine for a week each summer. They cancelled this year's rental when Maine said tourists coming for more than a day needed to quarantine for 14 days. Not doable. Then about 2 weeks ago Maine said NH and VT have brought the number of new cases way down...those visitors will not need to quarantine. So they rebooked though for a different week. NOW with the rally on Saturday Maine is considering reimposing the 14 day quarantine for NH residents. Nothing decided as yet. My point....these are trying times....those who understand what it means to lead are trying their best to develop good procedures. Because the data changes daily it is difficult.