All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: So what's your guess?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:28 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Not trying to be negative, and hope I'm wrong. My gut feeling is they will ban the US from entering, if they don't, how long do you think before they shut the borders down again? I'll guess within a month.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:13 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I with you Ronnie. With the EU not allowing the US in and obviously the Netherlands is there and they are sending a lot of $$ to Aruba I am sure they do not want another shut down.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:16 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

That depends if the government has made the decision that bringing back the tourist is more important than keeping the island covid free. If they want covid free, 1 week because it will be impossible to keep it out as long as planes are coming and going. If not, 2 months for the same reason and the inability to handle any type of outbreak. They are in a no win situation.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:04 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Canada will not lift its travel restrictions on other countries and if we do decide to go anywhere outside of Canada including Aruba we will have to self isolate for 14 days . Expect a call from the police checking up on you followed by an in person head count when you return .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:07 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

the fact there are so many regulations will keep quite a few people from traveling so i believe they are ahead of the game in that aspect. I would say as soon as they get more than what they expect in positive results upon arrival they will look at shutting down again.

since it takes time for symptoms to appear it really is a crap shoot, but that applies anywhere. At one point they will have to open, like the rest of the world. its such a sad situation.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:26 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

ronnieb wrote:
Not trying to be negative, and hope I'm wrong. My gut feeling is they will ban the US from entering, if they don't, how long do you think before they shut the borders down again? I'll guess within a month.

Yeah I can agree with that. Because we do not have the virus in control and there are spikes in New cases in different regions of the US They will ban US flights at least for the rest of the summer. Harsh methods but it seems to be the right thing to do. 8)

Hawklords

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:54 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I agree with all of the above. They will most likely close Aruba to U.S. tourists. Although, I was thinking that the northeast corner (including Connecticut and NY) are reporting low numbers. Maybe Aruba will let 'residents' of those states visit???? Whatever Aruba decides, it will be the right decision for them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:57 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

cmc wrote:
I agree with all of the above. They will most likely close Aruba to U.S. tourists. Although, I was thinking that the northeast corner (including Connecticut and NY) are reporting low numbers. Maybe Aruba will let 'residents' of those states visit???? Whatever Aruba decides, it will be the right decision for them.

Unfortunately there would be no way to enforce those restrictions. Anyone in the US can come from anywhere, fly to (for example) Newark, and then come down to Aruba. So I think it's either an all or nothing proposition.

As of yesterday the government of Aruba was still saying the plan would proceed as described with July 10 opening to the US. They really, really, REALLY want the US tourists to return...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:33 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Approximately 2 million visitors a year go to Aruba and 1,600,000 come from the United States. There's the answer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:36 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

bryanzs wrote:
cmc wrote:

Unfortunately there would be no way to enforce those restrictions. Anyone in the US can come from anywhere, fly to (for example) Newark, and then come down to Aruba. So I think it's either an all or nothing proposition.

As of yesterday the government of Aruba was still saying the plan would proceed as described with July 10 opening to the US. They really, really, REALLY want the US tourists to return...

I would have to disagree, your passport tells them where your from, don’t think it will happen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:42 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

ronnieb wrote:
I would have to disagree, your passport tells them where your from, don’t think it will happen

Hi, Ronnieb. I'm sorry, think you're incorrect - there is no address on a US passport. There is an issuing authority, but that can be from anywhere and doesn't indicate where you live.

You can read more about it here: Do You Need to Renew Your Passport if Your Address Changed?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

On July 10th (hopefully) Aruba will do what ever other country has done so far slowly begin to open up, take precautions, monitor and hope for the best. As we are seeing for some places it has worked out for others not so good and now they are reviewing and taking new/old steps.

For Aruba and for all of us I hope it works out. Meantime I will wear my mask, carry my hand sanitizer, be aware of my surroundings, be considerate of others, wash my hands and live my life.

Just checked the United flight I have taken down for the past three years in late November and happy to see that the plane is just about where it usually is (seats sold) this time of year. Not just me but other optimistic Aruba lovers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:19 pm 
Junior

Before they deny entry from the US, they will demand that everyone coming from the US be tested before they fly. Aruba is very dependent on tourism and approximately 80% of their visitors come from the US. They really can't afford another shutdown.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:34 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

bryanzs wrote:
ronnieb wrote:

Hi, Ronnieb. I'm sorry, think you're incorrect - there is no address on a US passport. There is an issuing authority, but that can be from anywhere and doesn't indicate where you live.

You can read more about it here: Do You Need to Renew Your Passport if Your Address Changed?

That is correct. Passports do not have your address (current or otherwise) info listed on them. They only verify your country of citizenship.

South Beach: Jan. 2020
New Orleans: Feb. 2020
Playa del Carmen: March 2020
Oregon wine country/coast: July 2020
40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:01 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

bryanzs wrote:
ronnieb wrote:

Maybe it was the info you fill out for the airline I was thinking of?