Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: 14 days
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:23 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

could be more days.

Today the healthy Mrs. AJ and I went to a walk-in clinic to get a Covid-19 test. We did the blood test as we both felt that early on we had come down with what we thought at the time was a mini flu that we got over soon. We were told that 3-5 days we will get the results.

I asked the nurse taking the blood and then the doctor about the nasal test. The one we need for entry into Aruba. Both said expect 14 days. Could be a little less and used to be 4-8 days but never was 3 days or less going back to March. The number of people coming in has spiked and labs are overwhelmed.

They did say that testing is being improved so by November it may be better but if people continue to get multiple tests it may remain a problem to get results.

I told the doctor that Aruba would do the testing when I get there. He said that may be the best thing to do.

Post subject: Re: 14 days
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:04 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I have no problem taking the test in Aruba. Considering the timing it might be the only option unless testing improves greatly here and I can rely on getting the results quicker. The issue I do have is the amount of faith I have in their ability to get me the results there in a timely manner. My experience of official things in Aruba is not great. Last year we had a issue with our rental car-I have never been able to get a copy of the police report, or ever even one reply to emails sent to the police dept........Now I have to rely on their ability to take the test properly, get a correct result and let me know in a timely manner so I can go about my vacation. Or not depending on the test.
I want to go, my trip is locked in, paid for and just needs me to be in Boston at 5:30 am, but this testing is a concern.
Mark my words-horror stories about the testing and results (or lack of) will be posted here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:11 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

i think the best bet would be to go to an onsite lab and not a place that needs to send the test out. of course it will still depend on how many tests they have to process. fingers crossed timing will be better by the end of October.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:53 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

New York alone does about 40,000 tests a DAY.

The entire population of Aruba is 107,000 So in less than three days the entire population of Aruba is being tested.

I have no concern about taking the test and no concern about the results but the 72 hours is unrealistic based on US and likely on other world countries abilities to turn it around.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:43 am 
Prolific

It seems to me that the best approach is to take the test at the airport upon your arrival. The testing should be fairly quick so that you are not that much delayed from going to your hotel, condo, etc. I cannot get a test here in Philadelphia because I have no symptoms. I am planning on having the test when I arrive on the island. Less fuss and muss.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:59 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Nowhere around me does test in less than 3-5 days, our plan is to get a test done the week before for our own knowledge so we don’t travel if we should have it. Then have the “real” test done at the airport, we are usually tired when we arrive so heading straight to our room is not an issue. I would think Aruba will get the tests done ASAP as they want people to enjoy their vacation & post good things to encourage other people to go.

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:57 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pammy wrote:
Nowhere around me does test in less than 3-5 days, our plan is to get a test done the week before for our own knowledge so we don’t travel if we should have it. Then have the “real” test done at the airport, we are usually tired when we arrive so heading straight to our room is not an issue. I would think Aruba will get the tests done ASAP as they want people to enjoy their vacation & post good things to encourage other people to go.

What if half the people on your plane and half of all the planes say the same thing.

What’s Aruba’s plan for staffing and hours for testing at the airport.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:06 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

arubajoey wrote:
What if half the people on your plane and half of all the planes say the same thing.

What’s Aruba’s plan for staffing and hours for testing at the airport.

There's been speculation that that's why there's the 12-hour-before time limit on uploading the results - so that the airport can make sure that there is an appropriate level of staffing for giving the test, depending on the number of untested visitors that they anticipate on any particular flight.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:31 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

My husband is a physician working the front lines here in Florida. His first COVID test was on a Friday in May. It took 2 weeks for his results. Now the Florida Department of Health is requiring all health care workers to be tested every 2 weeks. The medical group he works for is administering the tests but of course they then have to go to a lab. For his most recent test the results came back in 24 hours, but one of his colleagues didn't get his results for 4 days. It is a crap shoot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:15 am 
Extra Helpful Expert