The Aruba Forums
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW GUIDELINES
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:30 pm 
Junior

lindaspooky wrote:
Timing: At 72 hours prior to departure, visitors can take action to get their test/swab. Note: The latest the testing/swab results can be uploaded is 12 hours prior to departure. Any tests and results executed before 72 hours prior to departure will not be valid.

i dont go until the end of october but under the current requirements here is how it will play out for me:

8:30 am flight on Tuesday. 72 hours before is 8:30 am Saturday. I would need results by 8:30 pm Monday.

im hoping there will be some time added or faster results but if not i may be taking a second test upon arrival.

I was hoping that someone in the government might have scene my topic on this forum: "Testing 72 hours before arrival won't work! Perhaps they will change this by September.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:06 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

It depends on where you from if 72 hours work or not. In the Netherlands, you get your result within 48 hours max. 95% of the tests result are there within 24 hours. If it takes so long before you get the results, why test at all?

We test to find very fast who has COVID, so we immediately can do research where the person was infected and who he or she was in close contact with in the 2 days prior to the test. We phone all these people and ask them to go in quarantaine up to 14 days and get tested if they get signs of COVID. From next month on, we ask all people who where in close contact with a person that tested positive to get a test as well. That is how we try to contain COVID.

Aruba is part of the Dutch Kingdom and follows the same manner of conduct. So I totally understand this strategy. We are able to do 120.000 tests a day and have the results within 48 hours.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:04 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

The quickie test as you call them is invalid, it has to be the PCR test unless they have changed the rules.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:27 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I for one love a quickie.

I wanted to show no matter when you are to get to Aruba it likely will not be an easy task. 72 hours is only 3 days and just another task to add to for many is a stressful time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:42 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

ronnieb wrote:
The quickie test as you call them is invalid, it has to be the PCR test unless they have changed the rules.

Medical Art Center in New Jersey is stating Covid-19 PCR test with results in 45 minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:27 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

casadelmar wrote:
ronnieb wrote:

Medical Art Center in New Jersey is stating Covid-19 PCR test with results in 45 minutes.

The real downside is that you have to go to New Jersey. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:18 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

arubajoey wrote:
casadelmar wrote:
ronnieb wrote:

The real downside is that you have to go to New Jersey. :wink:

It is the Garden State.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 pm 
Sophomore

none of this is worth the trouble...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:09 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Bingo! Best answer. You win the prize. What's the prize?
A free one way ticket to Aruba, plus a voucher for free CBD pills that will reduce the covid 19 inflammatory response whilst quarantined.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:11 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

arubajoey wrote:
...I'm leaving for Aruba on a Saturday I will arrive in Aruba at 3:00 PM. So I need to take a non-quickie test( does it need to be a blood test) by Wednesday at 3:00 PM.
You need PCR testing:
A molecular test that identifies individuals potentially infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus at the time of testing. This polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) looks for viral RNA in a sample of secretions from the nose and throat (oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal swab).

Private clinics (in Montreal) offer results in 24-48 hours.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:26 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Miguel wrote:

Do you own a home, condo, timeshare?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:03 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Miguel wrote:

I 100% agree with you, Miguel. If it's too much trouble for you, then please stay away for now. Aruba would love to have you visit, but if you find complying with the rules to be too hard, the island will just have to get by without you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:50 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Hi, Cynthia, What are CBD pills and are they available over the counter?

Merci ;=)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:21 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Bon soir, John. CBD pills are the cannabinoid component of some marijuana plants. It reduces inflammation, and does not get one high. Plants high in CBD are low in THC, the component that gets one high. They are available over the counter in Canada. I have heard that Aruba may have CBD products or are considering it. Unfortunately some still think it is a drug that gets you high; it does not. It is probably in states that have legalized pot, but maybe it is in health food stores? There are ointments as well; my husband got pills and ointment for both of us ie. osteoarthritis pain, a few days ago. He usually goes to the nearest native reservation; they all sell marijuana products.
I usually get potent steroid injections in my shoulders every 3 months. My last one in April was cancelled due to covid. I should be in agony. I am not. It has eliminated my back, knees, wrist, hand, finger and hip pain. I had been using oxycodone for more than 15 years for the pain. I rarely use it now. Maybe you didn't want this much info; I know quite a bit from experience. We've researched various plants and growing your own is the best source.
I repeat, this does not get you high. Chronic pain is debilitating and this has changed my life.

Note: some covid patients get an inflammatory response that can shut down circulation, etc. A common steroid has been used with some success to reduce this damaging inflammation ie.dexamethasone. Don't really know if CBD would work in this circumstance,and don't want to get infected just to see if it works.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:56 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

joey the place that was mentioned for the quick turnaround PCR test was the Medical Arts Center in Middletown NJ. Their website states 45 minute results, of course I don't know anyone who has gone. If nothing changes by the end of October this will be my plan.

https://www.medicalartcenternj.com/covidtesting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next