It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:37 pm 
Senior

This may be a BIG problem for many of us! After taking off from work for our vacation, we have to be off for an additional 2 weeks when we return back!!!! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... tions.html

Last edited by constantine on Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:33 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Yea we have that too in Canada , can't wait till this is over .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:34 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

constantine wrote:
This may be a BIG problem for many of us! After taking off my work for our vacation, we have to be off for an additional 2 weeks when we return back!!!! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... tions.html

This is not a requirement

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:44 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubamikey wrote:
constantine wrote:
This may be a BIG problem for many of us! After taking off my work for our vacation, we have to be off for an additional 2 weeks when we return back!!!! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... tions.html

This is not a requirement

Correct - it's a recommendation but not a requirement.
However, each state has different requirements so you need to check your own state for its specific rules.

Many companies also may have travel requirements, too, so again...need to check with your company. Mine has a 14 day self-quarantine requirement after travel but I am working from home anyway so it really doesn't matter at this point for me - it will be just like any other day at work. :lol:

South Beach: Jan. 2020
New Orleans: Feb. 2020
Playa del Carmen: March 2020
Oregon wine country/coast: July 2020
40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:38 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

I am surprised everyone is ready to travel since the State Department has not yet relaxed the "level 4" alert for international travel (and has not announced any plans yet to change that). My understanding is that travel insurance and other coverage isn't valid during a level 4 alert...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:13 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

bryanzs wrote:
I am surprised everyone is ready to travel since the State Department has not yet relaxed the "level 4" alert for international travel (and has not announced any plans yet to change that). My understanding is that travel insurance and other coverage isn't valid during a level 4 alert...

That is correct, at least in Canada and my international insurance policy. And yes we have to self Quarantine for 14 days upon return, last time I checked. Being retired that just gives me an excuse not to move and recoup. 8). Easy to plan for if you are not dealing with ‘work’. And unless your mom expects you for Xmas :?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:34 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Wow ! I'm feeling hopeful !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:19 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

constantine wrote:
This may be a BIG problem for many of us! After taking off from work for our vacation, we have to be off for an additional 2 weeks when we return back!!!! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... tions.html

Currently not applicable to US travelers since Aruba is not listed as Level 3 or worse.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:12 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

casadelmar wrote:
constantine wrote:

Currently not applicable to US travelers since Aruba is not listed as Level 3 or worse.

Isn't the state department level 4 worldwide travel advisory still in effect? I don't see any information on the State Department site that shows that is no longer the case...?

That doesn't affect quarantine - there is no nationwide quarantine - though it might affect both local/state quarantine, and (as I mentioned) travel insurance or other insurance policies.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:14 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Yes, in Canada we have (for months) had a 14 day self-isolation requirement for anyone entering the country (including Canadians).

We may or may not extend the border closure with the US on July 21. This was the 3rd extension and public sentiment here seems to favour keeping the border closed. I've had enquiries from Americans who would like to visit my border city for a few nights after the border re-opens. Until the 14 day self-isolation requirement is lifted, that would be impossible as they would need to stay for 15 days in total in order to legally leave the building to return to the border and re-enter the US.

During the 14 days after entry into Canada, leaving your home or accommodation for any purpose (other than medical emergency) is not permitted.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:37 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

"Recommendations" to stay safe have been largely ignored around here (like wearing a mask...less than 50% compliance).
Not flying, not driving far these months...just my opinion.