It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:21 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

When you question your accountant a good one will respond....."what do you want then numbers to say".

That my young wards and lemmings is what expert numbers are all about.

Half full or half empty both answers are correct. You believe what works for you.

The mystery of life is that life is a mystery.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:48 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

ronnieb wrote:
ann wrote:
Once again it is a tricky year to travel. Not sure what you mean by sub par equipment. At least here you can get tested...unlike many states in the USA. Anyhow, coincidentally I just read a brief article concerning getting the regular flu shot this fall....

The CDC estimates that from Oct. 1, 2019, through April 4, 2020, there were up to 56 million cases of the flu, with 740,000 hospitalizations and up to 62,000 deaths.

Covid 19 deaths are currently over a hundred thousand.

Sorry Ann I should have elaborated on sub par equipment. When the doctor did an ekg on me, he said everything is fine. When they did it when I got back home, doctor said you need to get to your heart doctor like now! I think what a lot of people are missing is you won’t know if you even have it when you test positive when you get there, bye,bye vacation.

Thanks Ronnie...and yikes! Glad you followed up when you got back home! Will miss you this year but really...no matter where we travel to this year there are 'new' and 'serous' risks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:48 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

ronnieb wrote:
ann wrote:
Once again it is a tricky year to travel. Not sure what you mean by sub par equipment. At least here you can get tested...unlike many states in the USA. Anyhow, coincidentally I just read a brief article concerning getting the regular flu shot this fall....

The CDC estimates that from Oct. 1, 2019, through April 4, 2020, there were up to 56 million cases of the flu, with 740,000 hospitalizations and up to 62,000 deaths.

Covid 19 deaths are currently over a hundred thousand.

Sorry Ann I should have elaborated on sub par equipment. When the doctor did an ekg on me, he said everything is fine. When they did it when I got back home, doctor said you need to get to your heart doctor like now! I think what a lot of people are missing is you won’t know if you even have it when you test positive when you get there, bye,bye vacation.

Thanks Ronnie...and yikes! Glad you followed up when you got back home! Will miss you this year but really...no matter where we travel to this year there are 'new' and 'serous' risks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:43 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

As far as traveling anywhere International destinations are a No go for me in 2020 It's a wash. I will wait till early Spring 2021 and see if this Pandemic is under control. Before booking a trip to either Aruba or anywhere else . I Do know that after a Post 9/11 all airlines will have to adopt New rules. I can see them issuing orders that everyone will have to wear a face mask. before boarding and during your flight keeping it on except for eating and when disembarking have it on. 8)

Hawklords

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:53 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Ron B wrote:
I can see them issuing orders that everyone will have to wear a face mask. before boarding and during your flight keeping it on except for eating and when disembarking have it on. 8)

Most airlines already have that as a rule - see for example this article discussing the new requirement by American Airlines, United, and Delta, or this article discussing United and Delta's announcements that they may ban passengers who don't comply.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:50 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

bryanzs wrote:
Ron B wrote:
I can see them issuing orders that everyone will have to wear a face mask. before boarding and during your flight keeping it on except for eating and when disembarking have it on. 8)

Most airlines already have that as a rule - see for example this article discussing the new requirement by American Airlines, United, and Delta, or this article discussing United and Delta's announcements that they may ban passengers who don't comply.

Their Airlines Their Rules. 8)

Hawklords