The Aruba Forums
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here



CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:25 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:17 pm
Posts: 7529
arubamikey wrote:
Where do you see a limit on visitors?


I'll look but somewhere I read they were thinking of limiting visitors to 10,000 a month.

_________________
It's a simple case of Mind over Matter.
I don't Mind and you don't matter. Brother Barry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:40 am 
Offline
Sophomore

Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 23
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Here are the flights that are expected
https://www.airportaruba.com/coronavirus-covid-19

_________________
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Image
[/url]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:02 pm 
Offline
Prolific Very Helpful

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:10 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Alto Vista, Aruba
arubamikey wrote:
Where do you see a limit on visitors?


Aruba has never said they would limit visitors, thought that was a popular misinterpretation of what was published. Rather, Aruba stated that they EXPECTED that tourism would start out very slow after the borders were reopened - something like 2,000 visitors/week. Again, not because they were limiting tourists, but only because of limited airlift (how many airlines would return, for how many flights/day?) and people choosing not to travel right away with the virus (and virus-related restrictions) still in effect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:50 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:28 pm
Posts: 1247
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
bryanzs wrote:
arubamikey wrote:
Where do you see a limit on visitors?


Aruba has never said they would limit visitors, thought that was a popular misinterpretation of what was published. Rather, Aruba stated that they EXPECTED that tourism would start out very slow after the borders were reopened - something like 2,000 visitors/week. Again, not because they were limiting tourists, but only because of limited airlift (how many airlines would return, for how many flights/day?) and people choosing not to travel right away with the virus (and virus-related restrictions) still in effect.



That is exactly what I heard, it's frustrating that so many people are spreading false information

_________________
Aruba, One Happy Island!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:21 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:05 pm
Posts: 25944
Location: New Hampshire/Aruba
bryanzs wrote:
arubamikey wrote:
Where do you see a limit on visitors?


Aruba has never said they would limit visitors, thought that was a popular misinterpretation of what was published. Rather, Aruba stated that they EXPECTED that tourism would start out very slow after the borders were reopened - something like 2,000 visitors/week. Again, not because they were limiting tourists, but only because of limited airlift (how many airlines would return, for how many flights/day?) and people choosing not to travel right away with the virus (and virus-related restrictions) still in effect.



My understanding also. :D

_________________
"I love mankind; it's people I can't stand!" Charles M. Schultz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:32 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 7:27 pm
Posts: 3076
Location: Ohio, Costa Linda
I read too that when you complete the ED card online they will either approve or not approve you. This could be how they limit tourists coming in and how they restrict some from visiting from hot spots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:32 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 1482
dmconn1 wrote:
I read too that when you complete the ED card online they will either approve or not approve you. This could be how they limit tourists coming in and how they restrict some from visiting from hot spots.


Interesting - wonder what their criteria would be to approve or not approve.

_________________
“As a general rule, when the NY Times, the Washington Post, NPR, Public Broadcasting Service, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, and CNN begin to parrot a narrative, the truth often is found in simply believing just the opposite”. Victor Davis Hanson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:42 am 
Offline
Prolific Very Helpful

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:10 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Alto Vista, Aruba
comet07 wrote:
dmconn1 wrote:
I read too that when you complete the ED card online they will either approve or not approve you. This could be how they limit tourists coming in and how they restrict some from visiting from hot spots.


Interesting - wonder what their criteria would be to approve or not approve.


I know it's more fun to speculate about Aruba government officials sitting in dark back rooms, examining ED cards - "hmm, this one looks like a trouble maker, keep him out" or "Ohh, this one's staying at the Ritz, let's let her in so we can tax her some more!" - but I don't think that's the reality.

Since nowhere has it been shown that the government will use ANY criteria to "cap" visitors - instead, it's EXPECTED that the number of visitors will be low because of limited airlift and many people *cough*including in this forum*cough* complaining about how "hard" it is to get to Aruba and vowing not to go - it would be hard to guess what criteria Aruba would use.

Instead, the "approval" is expected to be dependent on making sure you have the proper insurance, uploaded a negative test result from within the required time frame (or method of payment for those who choose to have the test done in Aruba), acknowledgement of the various requirements the visitor agrees to, etc. If those aren't filled in correctly (or at all), then I expect that ED form will be rejected.

Sorry to be the party pooper...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:44 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 7:27 pm
Posts: 3076
Location: Ohio, Costa Linda
They won’t be basing an approval on the negative test since a person can test at the airport.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:48 am 
Offline
Prolific Very Helpful

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:10 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Alto Vista, Aruba
dmconn1 wrote:
They won’t be basing an approval on the negative test since a person can test at the airport.


I'm not certain if that was a response to my posting, but just to be clear:

bryanzs wrote:
uploaded a negative test result from within the required time frame (or method of payment for those who choose to have the test done in Aruba)


Yes, you can have the test in Aruba but you must specify a valid method of payment if that's your intent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:08 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:28 pm
Posts: 1247
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
dmconn1 wrote:
I read too that when you complete the ED card online they will either approve or not approve you. This could be how they limit tourists coming in and how they restrict some from visiting from hot spots.



Completely false

_________________
Aruba, One Happy Island!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:09 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:28 pm
Posts: 1247
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
bryanzs wrote:
comet07 wrote:
dmconn1 wrote:
I read too that when you complete the ED card online they will either approve or not approve you. This could be how they limit tourists coming in and how they restrict some from visiting from hot spots.


Interesting - wonder what their criteria would be to approve or not approve.


I know it's more fun to speculate about Aruba government officials sitting in dark back rooms, examining ED cards - "hmm, this one looks like a trouble maker, keep him out" or "Ohh, this one's staying at the Ritz, let's let her in so we can tax her some more!" - but I don't think that's the reality.

Since nowhere has it been shown that the government will use ANY criteria to "cap" visitors - instead, it's EXPECTED that the number of visitors will be low because of limited airlift and many people *cough*including in this forum*cough* complaining about how "hard" it is to get to Aruba and vowing not to go - it would be hard to guess what criteria Aruba would use.

Instead, the "approval" is expected to be dependent on making sure you have the proper insurance, uploaded a negative test result from within the required time frame (or method of payment for those who choose to have the test done in Aruba), acknowledgement of the various requirements the visitor agrees to, etc. If those aren't filled in correctly (or at all), then I expect that ED form will be rejected.

Sorry to be the party pooper...
protest

Thank you for posting the truth

_________________
Aruba, One Happy Island!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:44 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 7:27 pm
Posts: 3076
Location: Ohio, Costa Linda
What part is false? They stated they will email you if approved or not. My opinion was only that this may be how they limit numbers. But you can look through the guidelines yourself. I really don’t care what you think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:00 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:07 pm
Posts: 19477
Location: Connecticut
dmconn1 wrote:
I read too that when you complete the ED card online they will either approve or not approve you. This could be how they limit tourists coming in and how they restrict some from visiting from hot spots.

That can’t be right!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:52 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:04 pm
Posts: 21228
Location: NS
ronnieb wrote:
dmconn1 wrote:
I read too that when you complete the ED card online they will either approve or not approve you. This could be how they limit tourists coming in and how they restrict some from visiting from hot spots.

That can’t be right!


As much as I said to myself do not 'get into it here', :wink: I have to agree with Ronnie. To fill in the ED card in the past it asked for your flight and hotel. You can't have bought your flight and hotel, met the insurance requirement and added your covid-free number or agree and pay to have the test at the airport and then submit your ED card and they say "nope not you" in those last 72 hours :? Just my opinion and still waiting for the official rules :wink:

Now these comments may get me in trouble :? .... If you are unwilling to buy or have the new insurance, buy pretrip or agree to have the Covid test in Aruba BEFORE /same time you are buying your flight and hotel well that is going to be a problem. Now some of us have rescheduled our trips already and/or have upcoming timeshare weeks but it is our responsibility to be informed and play by the new rules. We ain't in Kansas anymore, well, maybe except for Tara and Mindy :lol: Surely any new travellers to Aruba will be notified of these new requirements before they press "Buy". The old regulars who have been waiting anxiously for the borders to open should be aware.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group