Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:25 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubamikey wrote:
Where do you see a limit on visitors?

I'll look but somewhere I read they were thinking of limiting visitors to 10,000 a month.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:40 am 
Sophomore

Here are the flights that are expected
https://www.airportaruba.com/coronavirus-covid-19

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:02 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

arubamikey wrote:

Aruba has never said they would limit visitors, thought that was a popular misinterpretation of what was published. Rather, Aruba stated that they EXPECTED that tourism would start out very slow after the borders were reopened - something like 2,000 visitors/week. Again, not because they were limiting tourists, but only because of limited airlift (how many airlines would return, for how many flights/day?) and people choosing not to travel right away with the virus (and virus-related restrictions) still in effect.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:50 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

bryanzs wrote:
arubamikey wrote:

Aruba has never said they would limit visitors, thought that was a popular misinterpretation of what was published. Rather, Aruba stated that they EXPECTED that tourism would start out very slow after the borders were reopened - something like 2,000 visitors/week. Again, not because they were limiting tourists, but only because of limited airlift (how many airlines would return, for how many flights/day?) and people choosing not to travel right away with the virus (and virus-related restrictions) still in effect.

That is exactly what I heard, it's frustrating that so many people are spreading false information

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:21 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

bryanzs wrote:
arubamikey wrote:

My understanding also. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:32 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I read too that when you complete the ED card online they will either approve or not approve you. This could be how they limit tourists coming in and how they restrict some from visiting from hot spots.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:32 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

dmconn1 wrote:
I read too that when you complete the ED card online they will either approve or not approve you. This could be how they limit tourists coming in and how they restrict some from visiting from hot spots.

Interesting - wonder what their criteria would be to approve or not approve.

“As a general rule, when the NY Times, the Washington Post, NPR, Public Broadcasting Service, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, and CNN begin to parrot a narrative, the truth often is found in simply believing just the opposite”. Victor Davis Hanson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:42 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

comet07 wrote:
dmconn1 wrote:

I know it's more fun to speculate about Aruba government officials sitting in dark back rooms, examining ED cards - "hmm, this one looks like a trouble maker, keep him out" or "Ohh, this one's staying at the Ritz, let's let her in so we can tax her some more!" - but I don't think that's the reality.

Since nowhere has it been shown that the government will use ANY criteria to "cap" visitors - instead, it's EXPECTED that the number of visitors will be low because of limited airlift and many people *cough*including in this forum*cough* complaining about how "hard" it is to get to Aruba and vowing not to go - it would be hard to guess what criteria Aruba would use.

Instead, the "approval" is expected to be dependent on making sure you have the proper insurance, uploaded a negative test result from within the required time frame (or method of payment for those who choose to have the test done in Aruba), acknowledgement of the various requirements the visitor agrees to, etc. If those aren't filled in correctly (or at all), then I expect that ED form will be rejected.

Sorry to be the party pooper...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:44 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

They won’t be basing an approval on the negative test since a person can test at the airport.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:48 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

dmconn1 wrote:
They won’t be basing an approval on the negative test since a person can test at the airport.

I'm not certain if that was a response to my posting, but just to be clear:

bryanzs wrote:
uploaded a negative test result from within the required time frame (or method of payment for those who choose to have the test done in Aruba)

Yes, you can have the test in Aruba but you must specify a valid method of payment if that's your intent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:08 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

dmconn1 wrote:

Completely false

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:09 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

bryanzs wrote:
comet07 wrote:
dmconn1 wrote:

I know it's more fun to speculate about Aruba government officials sitting in dark back rooms, examining ED cards - "hmm, this one looks like a trouble maker, keep him out" or "Ohh, this one's staying at the Ritz, let's let her in so we can tax her some more!" - but I don't think that's the reality.

Since nowhere has it been shown that the government will use ANY criteria to "cap" visitors - instead, it's EXPECTED that the number of visitors will be low because of limited airlift and many people *cough*including in this forum*cough* complaining about how "hard" it is to get to Aruba and vowing not to go - it would be hard to guess what criteria Aruba would use.

Instead, the "approval" is expected to be dependent on making sure you have the proper insurance, uploaded a negative test result from within the required time frame (or method of payment for those who choose to have the test done in Aruba), acknowledgement of the various requirements the visitor agrees to, etc. If those aren't filled in correctly (or at all), then I expect that ED form will be rejected.

Sorry to be the party pooper...
protest

Thank you for posting the truth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:44 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

What part is false? They stated they will email you if approved or not. My opinion was only that this may be how they limit numbers. But you can look through the guidelines yourself. I really don’t care what you think.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:00 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

dmconn1 wrote:

That can’t be right!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:52 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ronnieb wrote:
dmconn1 wrote:

That can’t be right!

As much as I said to myself do not 'get into it here', :wink: I have to agree with Ronnie. To fill in the ED card in the past it asked for your flight and hotel. You can't have bought your flight and hotel, met the insurance requirement and added your covid-free number or agree and pay to have the test at the airport and then submit your ED card and they say "nope not you" in those last 72 hours :? Just my opinion and still waiting for the official rules :wink:

Now these comments may get me in trouble :? .... If you are unwilling to buy or have the new insurance, buy pretrip or agree to have the Covid test in Aruba BEFORE /same time you are buying your flight and hotel well that is going to be a problem. Now some of us have rescheduled our trips already and/or have upcoming timeshare weeks but it is our responsibility to be informed and play by the new rules. We ain't in Kansas anymore, well, maybe except for Tara and Mindy :lol: Surely any new travellers to Aruba will be notified of these new requirements before they press "Buy". The old regulars who have been waiting anxiously for the borders to open should be aware.