It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:19 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

There is so much to be learned about Aruba re-opening her borders to tourists from America and elsewhere.
Likewise, there will be a lot of speculation about the Government requirements in order to successfully enter Aruba.

This will not be the time for anyone to make plans based on someone's best guess or speculation or rumor.

I assume the Government will release an easy to follow checklist complete with agencies, tests, insurances, costs, timing, and the wheres and whens that all of this must take place.

What will be the best, most accurate website to get CORRECT, Official, up to date, step by step information explaining all the Government requirements to enter Aruba?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

This seems to be updated regularly.

https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-health-requirements

South Beach: Jan. 2020
New Orleans: Feb. 2020
Playa del Carmen: March 2020
San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020
40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Dream on brother.

Has your local State, City, City governments figured out anything yet? Bet not.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:44 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thank you, Amy.

I'm looking for a source of accurate info. Something to tell me what type of lab test to take. When to take it based on my travel dates. Where, when, and how to send the results of those tests and 'WHO' in Aruba to send them to based on my travel dates.

Then, will I get some sort of confirmation back from that 'WHO' in Aruba.

That ED card that used to be filled out on the plane, which is sometimes doable at home before boarding the plane, will that still be required and will there be some Covid 'Fee' accompanying that ED form? What "Covid Fee"? See. Unanswered question!

The Covid insurance, that $15 per day per person Covid insurance. Where and how do I get it and how do I pay? What proof of purchase will I get, will I need to get from that insurance company.

What will I need to have in hand when I board the plane to Aruba beside my passport?

I'm hoping that the proper authorities in Aruba, the ones that are dreaming up all this stuff, I hope they provide a clear, easy to follow, well organized list of instructions complete with all the particulars and details needed to help folks correctly prepare for their trip to Aruba. Correctly and completely enough so that no one gets unnecessarily quarantined as they try to get thru Aruba Immigration.
I also hope they provide some contact info to answer questions.

Right now, there are plenty of people out there on line who are speculating, guessing, opinionating on everything that has been reported on yesterday's news about Aruba re-opening the borders to USA travelers. I don't want to have to rely on someone's best guess.

I don't want to be bumping around Logan Airport in Boston on travel day and I certainly don't want to be hung up in the Aruba Airport because I followed someone's speculation thus I did not have all the info or credentials or required info of any kind to board in Boston, fly a few thousand miles and then get into my Tropic rental car in Aruba.

So, maybe not now, maybe in a week or two, in order to help us US travelers navigate thru what promises to be a sea of confusion Aruba style on July 10 and beyond, in a week or two, some Government or Minister of Tourism or the ATA or someone in charge down there to create a full fledged website with all the info in a non-confusing layout.

I'm asking for this info now, not only for myself but for anyone looking to travel to Aruba in the foreseeable future.

So, Eddy, Ann, Bryanzs, any person that learns of that website, that source of uncontested info, please report on that site in here when it becomes a reality and is available.

Aruba is asking a lot of us Americans to return to their island and spend money. And BELIEVE ME, I want to go there and spend money :!: But it's time they got off their collective, tax fed asses, figure out what is needed and HELP us to do it without problems.

They want "The Golden Goose" to return? It's time for them To Do it RIGHT!

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:39 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

leftyjy, I bet you cut your lawn with a pair of scissors and a ruler.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cut my lawn? I own a goat. A very happy goat from Aruba. He couldn't leave fast enough! No more roaming around fighting the iguanas for every bug he found. Nope. Now he has plenty of green grass to eat.... until it snows!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:23 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ArubaAmy wrote:

THANK YOU!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:55 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

WOOHOO! Canada gets in on July 1st. Anyone want my ticket? I'm gonna be hanging out on my dock with a Heineken and a lot of sunscreen. And I'm not in the mood to jump through a bunch of hoops to get to Aruba. Not to mention being forced to buy Aruba's health insurance. I get why, just don't want to do it right now. And the weather is hot and sunny and the water is getting warm here; why would I go south now? I'll wait til the snow flies.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:39 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

You forgot to mention 14 days of self isolation when we return . Beer on the dock sounds great !!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:23 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Thanks Amy for info. No travel for me this year and I really need it. Been going for 21 years - last year missed our regular trip due to finding out 2 months before going that I had breast cancer. (Cancer free & doing great) Just when we were to book and I was so excited, the virus hit in March. I figured this would all be gone by Sept. and things would be back to normal (not happening). Too many restrictions and too many hoops to jump over to plan a vacation at this time. Finally, here is my question, do you think the Aruba Government will add a "Covid" tax on anything they can (restaurants, hotels, etc).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:54 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

leftyjy wrote:
Thank you, Amy.

I'm looking for a source of accurate info. Something to tell me what type of lab test to take. When to take it based on my travel dates. Where, when, and how to send the results of those tests and 'WHO' in Aruba to send them to based on my travel dates.

Then, will I get some sort of confirmation back from that 'WHO' in Aruba.

That ED card that used to be filled out on the plane, which is sometimes doable at home before boarding the plane, will that still be required and will there be some Covid 'Fee' accompanying that ED form? What "Covid Fee"? See. Unanswered question!

The Covid insurance, that $15 per day per person Covid insurance. Where and how do I get it and how do I pay? What proof of purchase will I get, will I need to get from that insurance company.

What will I need to have in hand when I board the plane to Aruba beside my passport?

I'm hoping that the proper authorities in Aruba, the ones that are dreaming up all this stuff, I hope they provide a clear, easy to follow, well organized list of instructions complete with all the particulars and details needed to help folks correctly prepare for their trip to Aruba. Correctly and completely enough so that no one gets unnecessarily quarantined as they try to get thru Aruba Immigration.
I also hope they provide some contact info to answer questions.

Right now, there are plenty of people out there on line who are speculating, guessing, opinionating on everything that has been reported on yesterday's news about Aruba re-opening the borders to USA travelers. I don't want to have to rely on someone's best guess.

I don't want to be bumping around Logan Airport in Boston on travel day and I certainly don't want to be hung up in the Aruba Airport because I followed someone's speculation thus I did not have all the info or credentials or required info of any kind to board in Boston, fly a few thousand miles and then get into my Tropic rental car in Aruba.

So, maybe not now, maybe in a week or two, in order to help us US travelers navigate thru what promises to be a sea of confusion Aruba style on July 10 and beyond, in a week or two, some Government or Minister of Tourism or the ATA or someone in charge down there to create a full fledged website with all the info in a non-confusing layout.

I'm asking for this info now, not only for myself but for anyone looking to travel to Aruba in the foreseeable future.

So, Eddy, Ann, Bryanzs, any person that learns of that website, that source of uncontested info, please report on that site in here when it becomes a reality and is available.

Aruba is asking a lot of us Americans to return to their island and spend money. And BELIEVE ME, I want to go there and spend money :!: But it's time they got off their collective, tax fed asses, figure out what is needed and HELP us to do it without problems.

They want "The Golden Goose" to return? It's time for them To Do it RIGHT!

Thank you.

Hi, Leftyjy. The aruba.com website is the official website that the government posts news on.

After June 25, the on-line ED will be updated, supposedly, with the answers to these questions. Note that the ED form MUST be filled out on-line, and not on paper anymore, before you travel - in fact, your on-line ED form will have to be approved before travel (so maybe it's best to think of it almost like an electronic visa going forwards)?

So I can only suggest that we all wait (*sigh* I know we all hate waiting) until June 25 when the actual form, with the actual procedures, is supposed to be posted...

Just a final comment on this:
> But it's time they got off their collective, tax fed asses, figure out what is needed and HELP us to do it without problems.

You won't get any arguments over the sitting-around complaints about the government of Aruba in general, but to be fair, in this instance I don't think things are delayed because of lack of interest in trying. There are a LOT of plates spinning in the air right now, and the government has to get all of them right - or at least try to strike the right balance - to avoid catastrophe. The plan that they've come up with seems to me to have struck that balance - not as strict as some in Aruba might want, not as open as many in America might want, but hopefully enough for each side to move forwards. Again, getting the tourist sector, and the medical sector, and the Dutch kingdom government, to all agree when they each have a different viewpoint, has taken (and will continue to take) time. Please don't think that the government (and especial the hotel and tourist associations!) aren't trying to come up with explicit, easy rules - they just have to take things "poco poco" (slowly) because if they screw this up badly, it will be even harder to recover NEXT time...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:39 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanx, Bryan.

As we type there are changes being made to what was issued two days ago as well as changes already made. They are editing the edits, so to speak.

For them never having experienced a conundrum of this magnitude, I'm more than positive it was a Herculean task for them to come up with something to protect them and still not alienate their potential visitors. There has to be some middle ground, yet to be reached, I think.
There was already a posting of some Government revamp of the insurance mandate, that $15 per day thing. I'll not attempt to examine it because it will probably change again. I will say that it was a change for that makes it easier to handle and more amenable to most.

Whatever the case(s) may be, they have announced their grand opening for July 10. They'd better have a solid, straight forward plan in place for what they're going to do and what they expect at their airport.

You are right, Bryan. Things will level off and calm down for everyone in a few days.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:14 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

jaccli wrote:
You forgot to mention 14 days of self isolation when we return . Beer on the dock sounds great !!

Not all countries / U.S. states are requiring 14 days of self quarantine upon returning from travel.

I am not scheduled to travel to Aruba until Nov. I'm guessing the current requirements will be changed various times between now and Nov. so I'm just going to sit back and wait until it's closer to my travel dates to see what the new version will be.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:16 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

So they open up Aruba to people from wherever on whenever. Since no one is driving or swimming there they must come by plane.

Will countries be given quotas.

Canada X per day
US X per day
Netherlands X per day
etc, etc.

Next what airlines will be allowed to land based on quotas. As I noted, from the New York area over 15 direct and indirect flights a day. Who wins and who loses.

Next we all know the chaos at immigration in Aruba. How will they "medically" check all the people coming in often at the same time to make sure they meet the Aruba regulations.

If they plan to open in 30 days and people have flights and rooms booked Aruba better get their s--t together. Right now it looks like the s--t is going to hit the fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:32 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert