All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Divi Dutch?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:16 am 
Senior

thinking of renting a unit at Divi Dutch and am looking for some opinions, location to the beach, palapa wars, accommodations etc. thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Divi Dutch?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:52 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Completely renovated inside and outside, steps off the mile long beach front, nice cafe on site in center section, free on propery shuttle service, units have full kitchens, short walk to Lings supermarket, city and private bus service nearby.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:06 am 
Junior

Great place. But not on beach. Going for 2 weeks this September.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:42 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

boyzz wrote:
Great place. But not on beach. Going for 2 weeks this September.

Not true, Divi Dutch is on the beach side, it is the Divi Links that is across the street. You do have to walk though the Tamarijn buildings to get to the beach, but to me that is no different than staying in a large resort with multiple buildings and being set back in a bit.

We stayed at the Dutch Village in 2010 before it was updated - the room was decent and good sized and the location was very convenient to Lings. We found there was absolutely no drama with the access to the huts, the beach was very large (though the sand was not as powdery as what we are used to around the point by Manchebo, but who knows if that has changed since then). Overall it was a nice place to stay for the price.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:59 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Here's a map that is probably outdated but the location of the buildings hasn't changed. You can enlarge the areas to read. I have stayed at both over the years and enjoyed them both. If you stay in the front section of Dutch Village (I hope I got that right) it's a very short walk across the street at the crosswalk to the beach. I could see my palapa I had every day from my room and a sunset view. When I stayed at the Divi Dutch my room view was between the Tam buildings and I had a peak of the ocean and a nice pool just steps from my room.

http://daka630.com/divi/dvgbr/ArubaDivi ... Path01.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:48 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

We stayed there almost 10 years ago...….In the building at the end nearest the intersection. I believe the renovations were going on at some of the buildings at the time. No complaints with our room, studio on the ground floor just steps from the pool. Kitchen to cook in etc.... The beach was steps away, but you had to walk between the Tam buildings to get to it. Beach did have some rocky areas and was very narrow. The Bunker Bar is nice-drinks right on the water and we could charge right to our room even though it is part of the Tam. Lings is a short walk as previously stated, but if you do any real shopping you will need a car/cab to carry the stuff back.
While we were there, a storm came by and washed away the beach-completely. All that was left was the walkway, rocks and a tangled mess of uprooted palapas.
Never ate at the Tam, but we could have if we wanted. There was some sort of deal where you arranged to eat there in advance.