All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Parking ?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:53 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Hi- we’re taking a fishing charter from the Renaissance marina. They said there’s free parking behind the seaport- not exactly sure where they’re referring to. Is that the area behind the shops and restaurants at the seaport?. Also, if we can find a space, how long can you pay at once for the meter? I’d take quarters just in case, but don’t know if you can pay for 5 hours at once.

Post subject: Re: Parking ?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:00 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

m61376 wrote:
Hi- we’re taking a fishing charter from the Renaissance marina. They said there’s free parking behind the seaport- not exactly sure where they’re referring to. Is that the area behind the shops and restaurants at the seaport?. Also, if we can find a space, how long can you pay at once for the meter? I’d take quarters just in case, but don’t know if you can pay for 5 hours at once.

Yes, the free parking is behind the Seaport Mall. Everything in front and at the either sides of the Seaport Mall is paid parking. Be carefull not to park between the yellow lines! I think you can pay for as long as a full day. It just depends on how much money you put in the meter.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:34 am 
Senior

Do you get towed if there is no money in the meter ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:41 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

dutchdushi wrote:
Yes, the free parking is behind the Seaport Mall. Everything in front and at the either sides of the Seaport Mall is paid parking. Be careful not to park between the yellow lines! I think you can pay for as long as a full day. It just depends on how much money you put in the meter.

Isn't behind the Seaport Mall the water? If you do that only go until you feel the car start to float.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Behind the Seaport is the Renaissance Ocean Suites parking lot.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:46 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

It is possible to park there, but I suggest you buy something at the Mall and keep the receipt in case...the parking lot is "for patrons only". The pay to park is cheap and so that is the option I would choose. Great way to use all the Florin coins as well. Plus you would be closer to the boat.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:50 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubajoey wrote:
dutchdushi wrote:
Yes, the free parking is behind the Seaport Mall. Everything in front and at the either sides of the Seaport Mall is paid parking. Be careful not to park between the yellow lines! I think you can pay for as long as a full day. It just depends on how much money you put in the meter.

Isn't behind the Seaport Mall the water? If you do that only go until you feel the car start to float.

Joey, take a look next time. There is a car park before you hit water. But ofcourse, too many Tito’s will cause you to overlook the parking lot and end up in the sea.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:51 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

dutchdushi wrote:
arubajoey wrote:
dutchdushi wrote:

Joey, take a look next time. There is a car park before you hit water. But ofcourse, too many Tito’s will cause you to overlook the parking lot and end up in the sea.

Lucky for Tito I keep him in a waterproof container. He loves sitting with me under the soon to be gone from everywhere palapa enjoying our quiet times together.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:39 am 
Senior

How much does a tow cost in ARUBA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:52 am 
Prolific

Going on a charter, assuming it will be early, your best bet is to grab a spot close to the dock and pay the few bucks. Very easy to do. Park in a spot with white lines, remember your spot number, go to meter and enter the number and pay cash or credit. If you are going in afternoon, you might have to drive into the back lots to find a spot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:04 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

kris02420 wrote:

They have a website www.aruparking.com with details. After 3 hours of expired parking time there is a 150. AWG towing fee plus any other charges.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:56 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubajoey wrote:
kris02420 wrote:

They have a website http://www.aruparking.com with details. After 3 hours of expired parking time there is a 150. AWG towing fee plus any other charges.

We've usually went downtown to dine in the evening, so we didn't have to deal with the meters. On that website, I noticed that you don't have to pay after 3:00 PM - recall that it was after 6 or 7 PM that you didn't have to pay.

Here's some details from the FAQ's:

Parking meters are enforced Monday to Saturday, from 9:00AM till 3:00PM unless otherwise posted.

The first 2 hours are 2,00 AWG. Each 30 minutes after that is 1,00AWG. Minimum purchase is 15 minutes for 0,50AWG Special Saturday Rate: First 3 hours are 2,00 AWG.

There is an additional grace period of 15 minutes to extend your parking time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:20 pm 
Senior

Wow a 150.AWG !!!!!!!!! makes ya wonder why anyone would even go downtown with that kind of rip off ?????? :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:44 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

kris02420 wrote:
Wow a 150.AWG !!!!!!!!! makes ya wonder why anyone would even go downtown with that kind of rip off ?????? :(

Totally nonsense what you state here. If you just pay the small amount of money for parking, there is no fine to be paid. No reason at all to shy away from downtown.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

dutchdushi wrote:
kris02420 wrote:

Totally nonsense what you state here. If you just pay the small amount of money for parking, there is no fine to be paid. No reason at all to shy away from downtown.

I agree. The hardest part about the paid parking can be identifying your parking spot. Sometimes the numbering can be hard to read. Spots are always plentiful in the am before downtown starts to get busy. Also later in the pm when it is free.