CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Jays car rental
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:24 pm 
Freshman

Has anyone ever used this company?

Post subject: Re: Jays car rental
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:52 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

We've used Jay's Car Rental for several years now, visiting twice per year for two weeks each visit and will continue to use Jay. Easy courteous pick-up at the airport car rental pick-up, two minute ride to the office, fast/courteous service at the office and we've never waited for our reserved car more than ten minutes. Wide selection of vehicles available, we reserve on-line well in advance of our visits. No problems whatsoever. We rejected one vehicle: saw a gum wrapper under the driver's seat - immediately replaced with an upgraded class size.

Highly recommend.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:29 am 
Freshman

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

[quote= We rejected one vehicle: saw a gum wrapper under the driver's seat - immediately replaced with an upgraded class size.[/quote]

So they are the best but a two inch by one inch gum wrapper under the drivers seat was more then you could bear. You poor thing. How traumatic.

How could you possibly recommend them based on your horrific experience?

Stupid me! I waist my time when I rent a car looking at the overall condition and checking the gas gauge. Thank you I will now take valuable vacation time and look in places that don't matter.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:04 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

arubajoey wrote:
[quote= We rejected one vehicle: saw a gum wrapper under the driver's seat - immediately replaced with an upgraded class size.

So they are the best but a two inch by one inch gum wrapper under the drivers seat was more then you could bear. You poor thing. How traumatic.

How could you possibly recommend them based on your horrific experience?

Stupid me! I waist my time when I rent a car looking at the overall condition and checking the gas gauge. Thank you I will now take valuable vacation time and look in places that don't matter.[/quote]

Your contributions continue to underwhelm those who "waist" time reading them. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:01 pm 
Senior

Why do people feel they need to use social media for attention? Is it lack of self-esteem? Or are they just jerks?

abbadmin....arubajoey must go!
Please!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:07 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

kennyg wrote:
Why do people feel they need to use social media for attention? Is it lack of self-esteem? Or are they just jerks?

abbadmin....arubajoey must go!
Please!!!!

I completely disagree. Although I would have phrased it differently, me too, I find rejecting a car because of a gum wrapper a bit silly. I love Joeys sense of humor and frankly, I think some people here are a bit sour. Which is fine, live and let live, but just not my outlook on life.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:10 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

If someone gave a review of my car rental company and someone found a gum wrapper or anything else in the car I would want to know . Cars should be clean and car rental companies should be accountable and no I would not like to find any waste in my rental . Would I return it ? Probably not. Would I be happy picking up the gum wrapper and putting it in the garbage ? Definitely not . Joey likes to joke but he might want to keep it with members that know his humour . I like to jab Joey and I get a kick when he jabs me . Some people don't feel the same way .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:00 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Ok, so, For several years we used Royal. Klunkers but operable klunkers but their price was easily the best at the time.
Then they got ridiculous because we got exhaust fumes inside one of their cars.
So, we switched to Tropic ("Hans") and have been more than satisfied with them for years.
Friends who have waited too long to book with Tropic have used Jays and unanimously have given them high marks for their rentals and service.
Jays would definitely be our choice if, for some reason, Tropic was not available.
A worthwhile point to consider: Tropic offers only one size vehicle in their stable, and that's a five person size small car.... Hyundai Accent or similar. We're ok with that.
Jays offers a couple more options of size in their stable.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:37 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

leftyjy wrote:
Jays offers a couple more options of size in their stable.

So we know one option is empty gum wrappers are others wrapper(s) with gum, slightly chewed gum, regular, diet, bubble, breath freshening.

I had written about this years ago but I found a great deal through Thrifty.com and booked. I get to Aruba and the women at the counter looks at the deal and her face says "what the hell". Conversations start (not in English) with her counterparts and off one goes. Eventually takes me outside and there is my beauty. The where did they bury the survivors car.

I look at the lovely Mrs. AJ and we laugh. My only question to the staff. Does the a/c work. Found out as we drive away the radio really didn't work, hand cranking windows, 100+K miles more dents, nicks and milage them my distractors on this BB.

Car got me from the resort to where I was going all week. Started right up all the time and best part is when I brought it back to Thrifty they didn't even go out to check the condition of the car.

Haven't used Thrifty in years but if I do and that car is given to me my only question will be.......does the a/c work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:17 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

So you criticize someone who gets an upgraded car because of a wrapper and you will take any piece of crap off the lot as long as it's got AC ? Shecky you're the best :lol: :lol: