It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: CBD oil
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:49 am 

Is it legal to bring CBD oil into Aruba?

Post subject: Re: CBD oil
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:43 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Just got back yesterday. I read in some AUA magazine that it is NOT legal. However, I brought mine, not realizing it. No issues. On a side note, we noticed more 'weed smell' out and about than ever before.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:33 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

I believe it is still illegal here, though I don't believe enforcement is very vigorous. There is currently some discussion about allowing medicinal marijuana (and related medicinal products), but that's all still (technically) illegal as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

In fact, the Aruba government is in the process of legalizing CBD oil.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

https://medium.com/cbd-origin/traveling-with-cbd-what-to-consider-when-traveling-by-air-89208d9cc0af

The regulation is defined for “Medical Marijuana,” which includes marijuana-derived CBD; but it does not include hemp-derived CBD.

Hemp-Derived CBD vs. Marijuana Derived CBD
Hemp and marijuana are both species of the cannabis plant; however, they are classified differently under the law due to their concentration of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive compound found in cannabis.

Under federal law, marijuana is still considered an illegal substance because of its THC-content and ability to induce psychoactive effects. Hemp contains no more than 0.3% THC, while marijuana can contain over 30% THC-content.

In 2018, Hemp was reclassified as an agricultural commodity under the Agricultural Improvement Act and is no longer considered a controlled substance, which means that products using hemp-derived CBD are legal under federal law.

Can You Bring CBD On a Plane?

Based on TSA technicalities, passengers cannot travel with marijuana-derived CBD because marijuana is illegal under federal law.

In contrast, traveling with hemp-derived CBD does not violate the TSA’s guidelines because it is not derived from marijuana and hemp is legal under federal law.

With this in consideration, it’s also important to be cautious when traveling with CBD because of shifting legal regulations and the unclear distinction between hemp-derived and marijuana-derived CBD amongst the general public.

Tips For Traveling With CBD

If you’re planning on bringing CBD on your next flight, here are some easy tips you can follow to make sure you prepared.

Research the States You Are Travelling From and To
While hemp-derived CBD is legal under federal law, some laws and regulations will vary from state to state, and certain states have strict laws against CBD regardless of its source.

Because of this, it is important for travelers to research the rules and regulations of both the state being departed from and the state being traveled to.

Review The Certificate of Analysis (COA) of the CBD Product
Poor manufacturing practices can lead to low-quality CBD and inaccurate cannabinoid content. Even if a product’s label displays that the product is “THC-FREE,” it may actually contain THC, making that product illegal.

Before you purchase a CBD product, review its ingredients and COA, or lab report, to confirm that it contains less than 0.3 percent.

For cautionary purposes, it is highly recommended to print out the product’s lab report and have it readily available during your flight just in case you need to verify the product’s cannabinoid content with airport security.

Properly Package the CBD Product
Like other aqueous products, liquid-based CBD products (oils, lotions, etc.) must meet the requirements outlined by the TSA. Travelers can bring a quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams, and pastes that contain less than 3.4 oz of liquid each in a carry-on bag.

In addition, it is recommended to not hide your CBD products and group them with other liquids so that they do not appear suspicious.

Traveling with CBD Internationally
Due to the precarious legalities towards hemp, marijuana, and cannabis in other countries, traveling internationally with hemp or marijuana-derived CBD is not advised.

In some parts of the world, hemp and marijuana are heavily regulated, and importing even personal use products could result in severe criminal punishment.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:04 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Smoking pot in Aruba is alive and well. I've seen lots of people smoking it and I know people who sell it.
For me, I'll wait til I get home where, thankfully it is finally legal. Too many ordinary people that have gotten criminal records just for smoking pot but at least they can now get their records erased. And the commercial aspects of the industry are staggering. It's not just the THC; CBD really works on inflammation. I've had a medical license for years but don't really need anymore. Will be planting our pot plants in the garden next week. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:00 pm 
Junior

cynthia wrote:
Smoking pot in Aruba is alive and well. I've seen lots of people smoking it and I know people who sell it.
For me, I'll wait til I get home where, thankfully it is finally legal. Too many ordinary people that have gotten criminal records just for smoking pot but at least they can now get their records erased. And the commercial aspects of the industry are staggering. It's not just the THC; CBD really works on inflammation. I've had a medical license for years but don't really need anymore. Will be planting our pot plants in the garden next week. :D

Could you share the names on where we can buy it?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:57 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

kris02420 wrote:
cynthia wrote:

Could you share the names on where we can buy it?

Of course not. I'm not a snitch. And you would 't know who they were anyway.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:31 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I cannot imagine it is too hard to score some weed on the island......

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:25 pm 

Yes just walk by the Fisherman’s huts any morning!