Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Groceries to Go
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:10 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

https://www.groceriestogoaruba.com/

I used this service this year. I don't rent a car and I hate having to go to the store those first couple of days and because I was staying at LQ this year that doesn't have a mini mart, although they are building one, I decided to do it. I don't order groceries for cooking that I would probably like to choose myself, just snacks, lunch and sandwich stuff, condiments, yogurt, cheese, coffee cream, beer, etc. Their bread products were from Lings and were fresh, I'm not sure if there is a markup, there is a $20 delivery fee. They were delivered in what appeared to be a refrigerated truck. A few items they didn't have and my credit card was reimbursed when I checked when I got home. I didn't have to get cleaned up, get a cab, or make a decision; worked for me and will do it again.

Post subject: Re: Groceries to Go
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:40 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Would be interested to know what type of "window" that was given for the delivery. Did you have to wait in your room for the delivery?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:00 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

It is a 3hr window that you pick when you order 12-3 and 3-6, not sure if there were other options, those were the two that I remember I was considering. I got this
e-mail...

"When we arrive with your order, we’ll call and/or text you so that you don’t need to wait in the room. We can email you too if you prefer.

Also, on day of delivery, our delivery manager can be reached directly at XXX-XXXX (I x'd this out as don't know if that changes) . If you’re wondering when your order should be arriving, feel free to give him a call or send a text. He’ll be able to tell you."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:25 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

karen1 wrote:
It is a 3hr window that you pick when you order 12-3 and 3-6, not sure if there were other options, those were the two that I remember I was considering. I got this
e-mail...

"When we arrive with your order, we’ll call and/or text you so that you don’t need to wait in the room. We can email you too if you prefer.

Also, on day of delivery, our delivery manager can be reached directly at XXX-XXXX (I x'd this out as don't know if that changes) . If you’re wondering when your order should be arriving, feel free to give him a call or send a text. He’ll be able to tell you."

I inquired about their service last fall and they said those were the only times available. I wanted a morning delivery (before 11am) which they would not do so I ended up not using their service.

37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019
Napa: March 2019
38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019
Boston: July 2019
Paris: Sept/Oct 2019

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:35 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:57 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I just remembered I saw a $10 coupon code in Aruba Today, so if you order try adding that code "Aruba Today".