It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:34 pm 
Freshman

Thanks for the number, but at this point its a long distance call and would probably cost more than the damage before I can explain and get an answer. Do you know if they answer emails and or their email address??? That would be worth a shot! Thanks either way!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:07 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

FDNY247 wrote:
Thanks for the number, but at this point its a long distance call and would probably cost more than the damage before I can explain and get an answer. Do you know if they answer emails and or their email address??? That would be worth a shot! Thanks either way!

Phone them through whatsapp or skype!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:36 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Just my 2 cents, but...…..
1) Just because they see the accident on video might not mean they can ID positively the other party involved.
2) Liability etc sometimes just does not work the same way in other countries.
3) The damages, though real, are fairly small. You were right in thinking that unless the car is a brand new one that Econo probably would not fix the damages. I have rented a few cosmetically challenged cars from Econo…..
4) I think the police in Aruba probably spend about the same time on minor accidents that the police in the US do-typically none.

I hate to see something like this happen to anyone. But when it happened to me, and after the righteous outrage subsided, I paid my deductible and moved on.
I hope your next vacation in Aruba has a happy ending. (NO pun intended)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:57 am 
Freshman

Thanks for your 2 cents, I can agree with most of your analysis, except the video part. It was 4:00pm, a sunny Aruba day and when I queried security at the Divi, they all seemed to assure me that they had positive info on the party who caused the damage, leaving me feeling that it was all being taken care of by the Aruba Police. Since crime in Aruba is not like Brooklyn, NY one would think watching beach babes, carnival and auto accidents would be a piece of cake. I sincerely hope the importance of the latter is performed with the same enthusiasm of CSI! Lol Ok, Maybe that’s a bit much, but with so few numbers of possible suspects and a video, it doesn’t take a Sherlock Holmes to solve this crime. The workers at Econo treated me very nice and although their cars are not the greatest, I still appreciate their efforts and for basic transportation their cars are ok. Maybe bikes are the answer! Lol So far have not gotten a copy of the damage estimate, police accident report nor charge on my credit card. To be continued...