It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:54 am 
Junior

Hi Cheryl, hope you had a wonderful week at ABC . As you can see your simple question and our simple answer has brought this post into another "Hemisphere" LOL :lol: which is where most posts end up on here . Again hope you enjoyed ABC . :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:16 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I thought Play Linda was the only place where they are called chickees...

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:00 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Any idea as to what is currently happening at the Hyatt?
Will be arriving on Sat. May 25 and am supposed to have a palapa rented for the next 6 days.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:55 am 
Junior

pmarrier wrote:
Any idea as to what is currently happening at the Hyatt?
Will be arriving on Sat. May 25 and am supposed to have a palapa rented for the next 6 days.

When you there could you give us a post as to how the sunday brunch is ? Haven't been in a while just want to know if its still good as it once was. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:04 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

No problem getting a chickee anytime at Costa Linda. No line ups, no early mornings and no payment required.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:19 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

cynthia wrote:
No problem getting a chickee anytime at Costa Linda. No line ups, no early mornings and no payment required.

Is that the case during busy times on Aruba.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:48 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Our regular weeks are in May & June. We've also been three times in January.
Never stood in line.
Never paid to reserve.
Got out there in the morning and went to a chikee and it was ours for the day. First come - first served.
There are about 108 chikees on the beach. There are about 40 chikees around the whole pool deck. There are about 500 chairs and chaises on the beach and a bunch around the pool
There are approximately 162 timeshare units.
May and June weeks I've seen vacant front row chikees as late as 8:30-9am and many other vacancies throughout the day.
January the front row is gone by 7-7:30am but there are still plenty to choose from scattered around.
The only time there was a problem was about 7 or 8 years ago when storms wiped out a lot of the forward part of the beach and with that several chikees got knocked over.
Bottom line: There's plenty of beach shade to go around most if not all of the year at the Costa Linda.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:07 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We've never had a problem getting a Palapa at CLBR in September. Even if you hit the beach at mid-day, there are plenty available. I've noticed that some folks who get a Palapa early will leave the beach in the early afternoon, so there will be front row Palapas available. Whenever I read comments about what people have to go through to get a Palapa at the high-rise hotels, I really appreciate that we stay in the low-rise area & don't have to deal with that stuff.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Suppose that I should not add this but can't help myself. Pet peeve. If we were all respectful and did not over reserve palapas and chairs and then never use them, we would all have a spot. Have seen too many times that the rules were followed, but 1 person at a palapa and 8 chairs reserved at 6AM. Palapa never was occupied till after lunch and then by 3 or 4. Sorry.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:44 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

arubajoey wrote:
cynthia wrote:

arubajoey wrote:
cynthia wrote:

Is that the case during busy times on Aruba.[/quote

That stretch of beach from Costa Linda to the Divi you can find unused Palapas even during Christmas and New Years . I've been coming to that area for many years .

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:00 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

jaccli wrote:
arubajoey wrote:
cynthia wrote:

arubajoey wrote:
cynthia wrote:

That stretch of beach from Costa Linda to the Divi you can find unused Palapas even during Christmas and New Years . I've been coming to that area for many years .

Costa Linda was very close to full capacity from the end of April til last week, when I left. And there was never a time that I could not get a chickee.
I think that it is disgraceful that other beach resorts make their guests line up and/or pay for a chickee. It should be an automatic perk for any of their guests.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:56 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

cynthia wrote:
jaccli wrote:
arubajoey wrote:
cynthia wrote:

arubajoey wrote:
cynthia wrote:

Costa Linda was very close to full capacity from the end of April til last week, when I left. And there was never a time that I could not get a chickee.
I think that it is disgraceful that other beach resorts make their guests line up and/or pay for a chickee. It should be an automatic perk for any of their guests.

Yes it is, and is why I will NEVER stay at a Holiday Inn again period.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:45 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ronnieb wrote:

Yes it is, and is why I will NEVER stay at a Holiday Inn again period.[/quote]

ronnieb it's math.

The problem is one of too many rooms/people and not enough palapas.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:24 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

I like Palm Beach and would stay there in a heart beat :D I would get a spot by the pool :D it doesn't stop my from going to the beach and swimming in the ocean . I rarely use a palapa on Eagle beach .

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:36 am 
Freshman

arubajoey wrote:
ronnieb wrote:

Yes it is, and is why I will NEVER stay at a Holiday Inn again period.

ronnieb it's math.

The problem is one of too many rooms/people and not enough palapas.[/quote]

It's also the size of the beach in my opinion...Eagle beach is just a lot bigger. People are mentioning CLBR a lot here (also where we stay and love) and the first row of palapas or chickees or whatever there is about 100 yards away from the water when we go in July; so it really doesn't matter what row you choose.