All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Ricardo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:51 pm 
Junior

Does Ricardo still own Ricardo's? I know he opened Oak.
Friends went to Ricardo's for tuna on our recommendation. They said it was inedible it was so overlooked and dry. Two people ordered it and they did remove one from the bill but were very disappointed in the place.

Post subject: Re: Ricardo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:30 pm 
Sophomore

Went to Ricardo's two weeks ago with another couple food and service was as usual good except one person's beef was well done instead of medium. They offered to replace it but we chose not to wait. They gave us a free dessert and a round of limoncello. The other couple we were with went this past week with another couple and one dinner did not come out and had to be "recooked!" They were compted three desserts and a round of limoncello. Heard that Ricardo's sister Anky has taken over this place and he is at the new restaurant Oak. Anky's husband runs Sweet Peppers in Palm Beach.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:33 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Last September we went to Ricardo's & he wasn't there. When we tried Oak, Ricardo wasn't there either. Our waiter at Oak mentioned that Ricardo splits his time between the 2 locations - and I guess he must take a day or 2 off.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:41 pm 
Sophomore

In December during our visit to Oak, Ricardo told us personally that he sold the Ricardo Restaurant at ABC. I don't know who runs it now but he is not involved. I'm sure the Ricardo name went with the sale that's why his new restaurant is called the Oak. His chefs at the Former Ricardo's may have come with him and that's why it is not the same. The Oak is a very highly recommended place to dine. The old Ricardo's at ABC is not the same with him gone.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:31 am 
Prolific

Place was very disorganized last night. No effort made to get us a table for late dinner so we went to Matthews.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:31 am 
Senior

My wife and I went to Ricardo's few weeks ago, once for dinner and twice for breakfast. Both meals were fantastic, food was cooked perfectly and service was excellent.