All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Bright Bakery
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:32 am 
Prolific

I need help getting directions to Bright Bakery. We enjoy their bread products and wanted to check out the shop. Is it a true bakery with pastries or just a retail shop? Thanks

Post subject: Re: Bright Bakery
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:22 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

It is a true bakery with all kind of pastries. You can have a cup of coffee and enjoy the delights they sell, or just buy it and take it with you.

The bakery is at Piedra Plat, on the road from Paradera to Santa Cruz. You can’t miss it, it has a big neon light in front of it, and it is at a roundabout.

From the hotels, take road 4 (the road about towards the Aruba Aloe factory). This is the road to Paradera and Santa Cruz. Continue this road until after the left turn to Casibari rock formations. You will see it from a distance. Enjoy your visit!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:02 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Looks like it's a good distance to get to Bright's bakery from the hotel area. On a Google satellite map, I noticed a Sunrise bakery on the same road that Superfoods & Chengs is on. I don't recall seeing any mention of Sunrise bakery. If anyone has tried it, do they have good quality stuff?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:29 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

It is really not that far if you have a car at your disposal. A great place for a light lunch if you want to eat more local. My favorite bakery is in Santa Cruz and I go there several times. Not just for bread either. The wonderful ladies behind the counter
always take special care of the "foreigner". I go early in the am and middle of the day when the traffic is light. They also do a very nice lunch and just like the Bright have seating so you can eat in comfort.
If you really want to stay close to the tourist areas Superfoods has a decent bakery section.......Lings too.....