All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Saturday at the airport
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:18 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Got there at2:30 and oh the waiting room before 4. Not bad some changes worse part is finding your luggage getting in line and going through customs. Line at US security very short. New food places and a wine bar. Juan Valdez coffee in 2 locations still not real cool in the airport and of course flight was delayed 30 minutes which is not too bad. Still worth the price you pay to be in Aruba for 2 weeks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:47 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

For those who go to Aruba often you may want to look into Global Priority. It is $100 for 5 years and INCLUDES TSA approval which is helpful for domestic flights. You are assigned a "known traveler #" which is linked to your passport. There are 3 maybe 4 kiosks on the far right wall to sign into after you have collected your luggage. If it is busy and congested, it is a time saver. Global priority is not accepted everywhere I am told insofar as foreign travel goes. Several cruise terminals recognize it and that speeds up your debarkation process too.

The application process is online. You pay at time of application. When approved you select an interview date, time and place (airports only I believe..we had a choice of 2 different airports not far from us) and your fingerprints are taken as you use them at the Global Priority kiosks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:21 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

patsfan wrote:
For those who go to Aruba often you may want to look into Global Priority. It is $100 for 5 years and INCLUDES TSA approval which is helpful for domestic flights. You are assigned a "known traveler #" which is linked to your passport. There are 3 maybe 4 kiosks on the far right wall to sign into after you have collected your luggage. If it is busy and congested, it is a time saver. Global priority is not accepted everywhere I am told insofar as foreign travel goes. Several cruise terminals recognize it and that speeds up your debarkation process too.

The application process is online. You pay at time of application. When approved you select an interview date, time and place (airports only I believe..we had a choice of 2 different airports not far from us) and your fingerprints are taken as you use them at the Global Priority kiosks.

Just to clarify, the program is called Global Entry, if anyone is interested and wants to Google it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

bryanzs wrote:
patsfan wrote:

Just to clarify, the program is called Global Entry, if anyone is interested and wants to Google it.

Correct....it is Global Entry...don't know why I called it that

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:05 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We have Global Entry. Left the high rise area yesterday (Sunday) at noon. We were at the gate area, and in the VIP lounge in less than an hour!

They have added extra lines and x-ray machines, so the wait at both of them was reduced immensely. The line at US Customs was very long, but with GE, we skipped it all and went right to the kiosks reserved for them and didn't wait at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:28 pm 

Global Entry is a great program if you travel outside of the US often. It only costs $15 more than TSA Precheck and puts you in the fast lane through US Customs when re-entering the US.

My problem with using on return flights from Aruba is that it gets you through Customs quickly but then you have to go through both Aruba and US security along with everyone else....and the lines there have been horrendous on our last couple of trips.