Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:41 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

kris02420 wrote:
artdorko wrote:
kris02420 wrote:
Does anyone know if the beer is still in aisle 4 ????

It is not.

what a bummer :lol: guess we'll have to walk around to find it :D

Somebody PLEASE get the location of the beer when you are there and post the results.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:00 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I was just there last week for a few items. Appears to still be a work in progress and not finished.

One thing I did not like was the absence of doors on the cold stuff now. Needed Milk, 1/2 1/2, butter, yogurt and cottage cheese and did not like that new set up.

I was there on Friday 3/15th my usual time after checking in and the latest date on the milk was 3/18 and by the end of our week I discarded it as it smelled like it was going to turn sour.

I have always used Ling and Sons and been satisfied....may switch to another store next trip. Hoping that they have enclosed refrigerated cases.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:04 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

I never thought about whether there are doors for refrigerated products. Good point. I am happy to say that the cream and yogurt I bought at Ling's in the last 2 weeks has been fresh.
Had no problem finding my favourite wine and pastries (both at the far end now where the cosmetics used to be) and at good prices. But I found a lot of fresh produce to be very expensive, as well as cheese.
Overall, no problem finding anything.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:21 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

cynthia wrote:
I never thought about whether there are doors for refrigerated products. Good point. I am happy to say that the cream and yogurt I bought at Ling's in the last 2 weeks has been fresh.
Had no problem finding my favourite wine and pastries (both at the far end now where the cosmetics used to be) and at good prices. But I found a lot of fresh produce to be very expensive, as well as cheese.

I recall reading that Ling's has a 20% (I think that's the percentage) on produce on Tuesday's.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:34 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

comet07 wrote:
cynthia wrote:

I recall reading that Ling's has a 20% (I think that's the percentage) on produce on Tuesday's.

You are correct. On Tues. there is 20% off fresh produce and on Thurs. there is 20% off on fresh meat. And if you have a VIP card, you get emails for their weekly specials. And every time we were there, they had boxes available for your groceries at check out.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:14 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

If you opt to use boxes be careful as that is a definite way to introduce pests into your unit.

I have a lined/insulated tote bag I use as a beach bag and on the plane. I bring that to the market for the cold perishable stuff. I also bring 3-4 recycle bags..usually one of them is the free Divi bag handed out at the airport. I also bring from the dollar tree a hot/cold bag and leave it there for the maid.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

patsfan wrote:
I also bring from the dollar tree a hot/cold bag and leave it there for the maid.

So that's why the maids are hot and cold.