All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:18 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

quarteratthetrop wrote:
I believe that the owners of Super Food bought Ling's.

Ling and Sons was purchased by a company/businessman from Jamaica:

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/business ... terVersion

37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019
Napa: March 2019
38th trip to Aruba: April/May 2019
Boston: July 2019
Paris: Sept/Oct 2019

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:50 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

So, someone posts that they're planning on handing out a floor plan of the renovated store. A couple folks thought it was a good idea and suggested if a floor plan becomes available to post it in here. Another good idea.

Then came a sarcastic wise crack under the guise of humor, maybe.

Around Greater Boston there is a huge supermarket chain with most of their stores being of the 'mega super' size. Huge enough that most of the stores have 25-40 cashier aisles. When they've opened a new store a floor plan was available at the service desk showing, in alphabetical order where many sections/items were located. Given the signs above the beginnings of each aisle can show only 5 or 6 choices it behooved the store to offer a hand held plan with a listing on the reverse. Would you rather walk around looking up to find everything. Or how about asking one of the employees where something is. Right.

So, rather than bumping around from aisle to aisle in a new layout searching for everything, wasting precious beach and perhaps happy hour time, Ling thought to be helpful and offer a floor plan.

WHAT could be wrong with that idea that it deserved the puerile display of ignorance? Not funny. Not cute.

I guess organization and search aids aren't available in some areas of the U.S.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:47 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

leftyjy wrote:
So, someone posts that they're planning on handing out a floor plan of the renovated store. A couple folks thought it was a good idea and suggested if a floor plan becomes available to post it in here. Another good idea.

Then came a sarcastic wise crack under the guise of humor, maybe. YOU ARE WELCOME

Around Greater Boston HOW MANY TYPES OF BOSTON BAKED BEANS DO THEY HAVE? there is a huge supermarket chain with most of their stores being of the 'mega super' size. Huge enough that most of the stores have 25-40 cashier aisles. WHICH IS IT 25 or 40? When they've opened a new store a floor plan was available at the service desk showing, in alphabetical order where many sections/items were located. Given the signs above the beginnings of each aisle can show only 5 or 6 choices it behooved the store to offer a hand held plan with a listing on the reverse. Would you rather walk around looking up to find everything. Or how about asking one of the employees where something is. Right.

So, rather than bumping around from aisle to aisle in a new layout searching for everything, wasting precious beach and perhaps happy hour time, Ling thought to be helpful and offer a floor plan.

WHAT could be wrong with that idea that it deserved the puerile display of ignorance? Not funny. Not cute. CUDDLY?

I guess organization and search aids THEY WANT ME TO HAVE AN AID aren't available in some areas of the U.S.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:44 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

OK, then. Does anyone have a scanned store "map"? We're Super Food patrons but will occasionally go to Ling & Sons. We'll pick up a map, scan it and post it if one has yet to be posted in a few weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

NH Mark wrote:
OK, then. Does anyone have a scanned store "map"? We're Super Food patrons but will occasionally go to Ling & Sons. We'll pick up a map, scan it and post it if one has yet to be posted in a few weeks.

We go there on occasion, too, if there is something we can't find at Super Food. The only thing I can tell you from our Dec/January trip is that all of the wine has been moved to a small alcove - just walk straight behind all of the check-out lanes and you'll run into the wine/champagne corner of the store after you pass by all of the lanes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:27 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Not all of the wine .There was an aisle in the middle of the store that had wine on one side and a few random end caps. No reason just there

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:15 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

divigolf wrote:
Not all of the wine .There was an aisle in the middle of the store that had wine on one side and a few random end caps. No reason just there

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:44 am 
Prolific

We have gone there twice so far this trip and both times things were changed from the remodeling, BUT it was no big deal to find items. No problem!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:12 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

kris02420 wrote:
Does anyone know if the beer is still in aisle 4 ????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:22 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Here now. Renovations are still on going. The produce is still in the front as you walk in. The meat department has taken over most of where the baked goods were. The deli is still in the same area, but I don’t know for how long and the size is greatly reduced. They still have everything, but less quantities. Baked goods have been moved to the other side of the store, near frozen food. Beverages have also been moved to that side (beer, soft drinks, water). Wine and liquor is where the cosmetics area was. The middle aisles are the rest of the groceries. Things have moved around, but the aisles are marked overhead.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:23 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

kris02420 wrote:

It is not.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:29 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Wine and liquor section has expanded :D ....frankly....think they have done a good job during the renovation and as various areas are 'finished'...they are much improved. Still my grocery of choice...and they are responsive to getting items we need/like. Staff continues to be helpful(unlike the other major grocery) and dorrway is never 'stuck' or blocked....and even during reenovation parking is still civilized. :D

Louis Tomlinson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:05 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Mindy, since your on the island, could you ask Kathy what I can bring in a few weeks for ARF. Tried calling her a couple of times on both of her #'s but no answer. I didn't leave a message.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:30 am 
Junior

artdorko wrote:
kris02420 wrote:

It is not.

what a bummer :lol: guess we'll have to walk around to find it :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:00 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

This is a joke thread right?

I say that because no one could possible be so interested in the lay out of a supermarket, the speed of and type of renovations, map of the place let alone spend time reading jars and cans.

So thank you for the funny posts. You had me going for awhile.