All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: It's snowing
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:13 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

It is snowing and blowing here. We are really looking forward to Aruba. We leave near the end of Feb. and stay for a month. A month of sun and warm weather really is looking good right now.

Post subject: Re: It's snowing
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:00 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

The anticipation will get you through the bad weather!! :D

Louis Tomlinson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:15 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

We don't go until the end of April. Only 3 months away. Its like starting summer early, and then when we come home we head even further north to beat the summer heat in the city. It seems crazy; going south to Aruba for extreme heat and then going north to beat the extreme summer heat. For me its the water; whether its an ocean or a lake, I'm in it when its hot.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:52 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

You probably head to near where we live when you head north. We're around Collingwood. Maybe you head to the Muskoka area.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:33 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

I originally started out with one of those park model trailers, in Sauble Beach and spent all summer there until we decided we would like a cottage. Muskoka was and is too expensive. So we bought a cottage in the Gatineau Hills in Quebec. We drive through Ottawa and head almost 2 hours north of Ottawa. It may be a long drive but the water quality is so pure; there is nothing like it. The lake is contained ie. no water running into it; it is pure spring water, a green colour and when you jump in, you create tons of bubbles. Just like jumping into Perrier.
Enjoy Aruba, Noradnil, I'll be right behind you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:00 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

cynthia wrote:
I originally started out with one of those park model trailers, in Sauble Beach and spent all summer there until we decided we would like a cottage. Muskoka was and is too expensive. So we bought a cottage in the Gatineau Hills in Quebec. We drive through Ottawa and head almost 2 hours north of Ottawa. It may be a long drive but the water quality is so pure; there is nothing like it. The lake is contained ie. no water running into it; it is pure spring water, a green colour and when you jump in, you create tons of bubbles. Just like jumping into Perrier.
Enjoy Aruba, Noradnil, I'll be right behind you.

My sister lives in Burlington ON! Small world! :D

Louis Tomlinson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:32 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Ann, are you serious?! Then your sister is my neighbour. Where does she live in Burlington? I grew up in Oakville which is also next door to Burlington, east side. Hamilton, where I live now borders on Burlington's west side. Have you been here to visit? This really is a small world!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:28 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

cynthia wrote:
Ann, are you serious?! Then your sister is my neighbour. Where does she live in Burlington? I grew up in Oakville which is also next door to Burlington, east side. Hamilton, where I live now borders on Burlington's west side. Have you been here to visit? This really is a small world!

I have been enough times to know that Hamilton is a neighbor! And I know where Oakville is and have been there. My sister has been in Burlington for years...her kids were still in school...now mid to late 30's. She now lives in a new section...think it is called the Orchard (even I remember when it was an apple orchard!) Yes very small world!

Louis Tomlinson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:46 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Most new areas in Burlington are north of the lake and the main highway that goes to Toronto. It's funny you mention the old apple orchards. I think that there were apple orchards everywhere from Toronto to Hamilton before the suburbs were built. 60 years ago my father bought a lot in an apple orchard and built the house we lived in, in Oakville. We had 6 or 7 apple trees in our yard. :)
It truly is a small world. When I was in Grand Cayman, I needed to speak to the grocery store manager; she turned out to be my cousin's best friend from Oakville.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:52 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

HELLO!

It's the Aruba BB

Get a room but better yet PM each other.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ann wrote:
cynthia wrote:

I have been enough times to know that Hamilton is a neighbor! And I know where Oakville is and have been there. My sister has been in Burlington for years...her kids were still in school...now mid to late 30's. She now lives in a new section...think it is called the Orchard (even I remember when it was an apple orchard!) Yes very small world!

I LOVE small world stuff!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:50 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Hey Maryanne. I do too. And I just started thinking that Aruba is home to us as well. And when I meet someone here at this home and they go to Aruba and know some of the people I know in Aruba, then its the same thing. Only in reverse. And I'll stop before I confuse you, and me.