All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:01 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

ANNOUNCEMENT

Regarding the allegations by several guests reporting different illness symptoms during or after their stay at La Cabana, we would like to let you know that these allegations were taken seriously. La Cabana has immediately taken several precautionary measures to be on the safe side and to ensure that our property is and remains clean and as possibly sanitized:

We have tested our F&B areas including food samples. All tests came back negative on food borne illnesses.
We have tested samples of our water. All tests came back negative on water contamination.
We sanitized and continue to thoroughly clean all our guest rooms upon departure.
All guest rooms that are reported to Security are reported to Housekeeping for immediate sanitization.
We have placed hand sanitizers in all visible locations frequented by guests and associates.
We continuously remind our associates and guests on the importance of washing hands at every opportunity.
We have surveyed our associates to ensure that they are not suffering from this virus and we are happy to report that none contracted the virus.
Guests that report this apparent "24-hour bug" to Security are discouraged to get in contact with other guests or associates as this could be transmittable.

The virus has been detected in other resorts and the reported cases are steadily decreasing as more measures are being taken to keep properties clean and guests/associates safe and healthy.

As of this posting, we are happy to inform you that there is a sharp drop in reported cases (almost none in the past 7 days) at La Cabana, which leads us to believe that this virus was transitory. We remain vigilant on everything related to our guests, visitors and associates' safety and look forward to hosting you soon at your Home away from Home!

Thank you and sunny regards,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:20 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

We were in Aruba this past September and noticed a lot of folks at our resort mentioning that they caught a 24-hour bug - but it lasted a few days for one of our friends . DW caught it, but I didn't. One large group of friends from Delaware all caught it - except for one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:14 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Comet,
Was that 'bug' while you were at Costa Linda?
And if so, did management there react to stem the spread in some way?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:43 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I had read about this on another thread but the interesting part is that it happened at other resorts on Eagle and Palm Beaches.

Could it be something in the water (ocean and/or municipal), air, food supply? Seems since it was wide spread not a one place problem.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:23 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Romaine lettuce?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:53 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

jim f wrote:
Romaine lettuce?

I guess those who were not impacted were Romanian.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:50 pm 
Freshman

Knowing that airlines don't do any sanitizing in their cabins and with the number of cruise ships daily, I'm not surprised that this is not more common. I'm sure the resorts are doing their best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:55 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

leftyjy wrote:
Comet,
Was that 'bug' while you were at Costa Linda?
And if so, did management there react to stem the spread in some way?
Thank you.

Hi Lefty - yes, was at Costa Linda - people we know staying there from Kentucky, Michigan, California, & that large group from Delaware got that bug. But, don't know if anyone discussed with the mgmt. at CLBR.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:48 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

pgsoder01 wrote:
Knowing that airlines don't do any sanitizing in their cabins and with the number of cruise ships daily, I'm not surprised that this is not more common. I'm sure the resorts are doing their best.

Ditto! :D

Louis Tomlinson