It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:49 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

A welcome change to come in the future.............reported in the weekly newsletter by a local

New Baggage System in Airport

Aruba’s airport signed an agreement this week with BEUMER Group to design and install a new high-speed baggage transportation and sortation system.

The agreement was signed with BEUMER Group, a leading supplier of baggage handling solutions for airports worldwide.

The new high speed baggage system including screening and a weight identification system will streamline the US preclearance process at the airport.

It will also eliminate the requirement to reclaim checked luggage and undergo the second passenger screening process which is currently in place for the U.S.

Pre-Clearance operation. Additionally, the new system will also allow for U.S and non-U.S. bound flights to operate from a common-use check-in facility.

The modern baggage system is perfect for the airport’s Gateway 2030 expansion and modernization program.

According to CEO of Aruba’s airport, “The new baggage handling system is the centerpiece of the airport’s redevelopment project, and will allow for the modernization and streamlining of many of our passenger processes, most notably, a significantly more efficient U.S.”

Installation will begin in Q3 of 2020, and completion is expected in the Q2 of 2021.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:32 pm 
Freshman

I'll be dead by the time they finish this project. You know how things move in Aruba.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:35 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I think this is great news and will be much more convenient when traveling with checked luggage.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:31 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Unless they are going to make the baggage area bigger with more carousels then I don't see what the need is.

I think it's more about how many plans are landing at or around the same time as to how backed up things get for the ground staff handling the luggage at any airport.

On average I have waited less time in Aruba then many other airports.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:33 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

arubajoey wrote:
Unless they are going to make the baggage area bigger with more carousels then I don't see what the need is.

I think it's more about how many plans are landing at or around the same time as to how backed up things get for the ground staff handling the luggage at any airport.

On average I have waited less time in Aruba then many other airports.

Umm, if you read what was posted it is for people/baggage leaving Aruba. Where it could make quite a difference.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:43 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

As Rosanna Rosandana said...........Never mind.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:04 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Joey--Thanks. The Gilda reference made me smile this morning.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:33 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

jim, last night when it popped into my alcohol soaked brain I went on to Youtube. Spent an hour laughing my butt off as I viewed Gilda as Rosanna and daughter of Mrs. Loopner.

jim and the rest of you take some time and see Gilda in action. For those who knew her and for those who didn't it's a fun ride.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:26 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubajoey wrote:
jim, last night when it popped into my alcohol soaked brain I went on to Youtube. Spent an hour laughing my butt off as I viewed Gilda as Rosanna and daughter of Mrs. Loopner.

jim and the rest of you take some time and see Gilda in action. For those who knew her and for those who didn't it's a fun ride.

That's back in the day when Saturday Night Live was doing comedy & was actually pretty funny. Loved the parody commercials - recall the one Gilda did for "Hey You - the perfume for one night stands".