The Aruba Forums
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here



CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:31 pm 
Offline
Prolific
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:35 pm
Posts: 246
For the folks who wanted to know when the new book, Journey to Unknown Consequences was released, I am posting that it is now available on Amazon as either a paperback or Kindle ebook. This is the sequel to Journey of Betrayals. Both books are set in Aruba. The first follows the life of Jakob Klassen. He was born into a Mennonite farming family and disputed their customs and ways. After experiencing hardships and seeing the impact of war, he embarks on a journey in search of ancestors in Europe. While there he is trapped due to the outbreak of WWII. He has abandoned his wife in Holland while trapped in Germany. His life is filled with drama and questionable activities. He uses and mistreats many who try to assist him. Finally he is able to escape on a German freighter and when the ship is in port at San Nicolaas, he jumps ship and starts an Aruban life.

The sequel follows his life in Aruba in the 1960's The mafia were kicked out of Cuba in 1960 by Castro and attempted tp reestablish on other Caribbean islands. In Journey to Unknown Consequences, Jakob attempts to fight the imp-act of the mob arriving in Aruba and the drugs, smuggling and other shady activities . He also returns to Europe in an effort to reconcile with those he betrayed and deceived.


More info on the books is here

https://www.amazon.com/Journey-Conseque ... nsequences

Enjoy

John


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:48 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:01 am
Posts: 4285
Location: The Netherlands
Hi John, I really loved your first novel, Journey of Betrayals, a lot. Thank you for this information, I am going to buy the book. I will enjoy reading this book on Aruba in just a few weeks. It will be interesting to learn a bit more about how tourism on the island started.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:02 am 
Offline
Prolific Very Helpful

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:52 pm
Posts: 628
Location: Wrentham, MA
Very interesting. I am going to order both books.
Thank you for the post on them John.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:38 pm 
Offline
Prolific
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:35 pm
Posts: 246
froggy wrote:
Very interesting. I am going to order both books.
Thank you for the post on them John.



Thank you. Enjoy the read


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:39 pm 
Offline
Prolific
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:35 pm
Posts: 246
dutchdushi wrote:
Hi John, I really loved your first novel, Journey of Betrayals, a lot. Thank you for this information, I am going to buy the book. I will enjoy reading this book on Aruba in just a few weeks. It will be interesting to learn a bit more about how tourism on the island started.


In the Epilogue you will find a couple of very interesting website links. If you visit them you will learn even more.

John


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:06 am
Posts: 3590
Location: NE Ohio
Is there a Kindle version of your first book?

_________________
Laurie


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:51 pm 
Offline
Prolific
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:35 pm
Posts: 246
corona_12oz wrote:
Is there a Kindle version of your first book?



Yes. Also on Amazon It is the second edition


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:06 am
Posts: 3590
Location: NE Ohio
aquaman wrote:
corona_12oz wrote:
Is there a Kindle version of your first book?



Yes. Also on Amazon It is the second edition


When I go to the Amazon page for your first book, no Kindle version is showing.

_________________
Laurie


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:42 pm 
Offline
Prolific
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:35 pm
Posts: 246
corona_12oz wrote:
aquaman wrote:
corona_12oz wrote:
Is there a Kindle version of your first book?



Yes. Also on Amazon It is the second edition


When I go to the Amazon page for your first book, no Kindle version is showing.


Hi

I just checked and see it there. Check this link. Hope it helps

John
https://www.amazon.com/Journey-Betrayal ... +betrayals


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:24 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:06 am
Posts: 3590
Location: NE Ohio
aquaman wrote:
corona_12oz wrote:
aquaman wrote:
corona_12oz wrote:
Is there a Kindle version of your first book?



Yes. Also on Amazon It is the second edition


When I go to the Amazon page for your first book, no Kindle version is showing.


Hi

I just checked and see it there. Check this link. Hope it helps

John
https://www.amazon.com/Journey-Betrayal ... +betrayals


Thanks!

_________________
Laurie


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:50 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:17 pm
Posts: 7035
I'll wait for the prequel.

_________________
It's a simple case of Mind over Matter.
I don't Mind and you don't matter. Brother Barry


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group