It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Aruba for over 30 days
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:18 am 

We are looking to stay in Aruba for over 30 days, does anyone know what the procedure is? We will be staying at the Playa Linda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:39 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Where 30 or so days is not some government monitored time span I think all you have to do is make your reservation at Playa Linda and get your plane tickets.

Sounds like a nice trip. Hopefully you can get the whole time in the same unit. Good luck with that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:50 am 

Leftyjy,
we have searched on line and found conflicting information, but nothing recent. Some say just fill out your ED card for the duration, others say you need to make an appointment with DIMAS and get the stay approved.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:13 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Procedures change. Decision may be made at immigration at Aruba airport. Note also that it may be an issue at check in at USA airport. So make sure you have your return flight info. Also, take out trip insurance that covers you for the duration of trip (Aruba may want that), and have your contact from Playa Linda (or whereever else you may be staying), showing that you do indeed have rental agreement that covers the time you plan to be on the island. I have noted that US airlines are specific about wanting return information and may question if it is longer than 30 days. They are the ones who get fined if there is an issue on the receiving end (from what I understand from ground crew for two airlines).

Coach Brian Stone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:49 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

https://www.visitaruba.com/traveling-to ... and-visas/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:35 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

On my last visit, a few weeks ago, I checked in online so no human contact although the computer would have probably flagged it if the return was on another airline, I don't know. Entry was handing the entry card to an officer who barely glanced at it before putting it on the proper pile perhaps for further review, who knows? Next was a passport and facial scan to see if they matched, gate opens and we are on our way. I doubt there was any part of the entry process that would have determined how long our stay was and I'm not offering any advise as to what you should do, I'm just relating my experience. As far as the airline being cautious, they are responsible for ascertaining the eligibility of the person they transport to the island, if not admitted entry they have to return them on their next flight out regardless if a seat is available and there might be a fine involved as well. Give your carrier a call, it's really incumbent on them to make sure all is well.