Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Two great Trip Reports
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:37 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

JoeW and DonnaLee just posted reports.

Thank you.

PS JoeW sorry to read about your wife's ankle and I share your frustration. We all know the key phrases in this day and age are DENY, DENY, DENY or DEFLECT, DEFLECT, DEFLECT and that will make the problem go away they think.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:52 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Wow - a compliment from AJ. Should I frame it? Thanks. I was actually thinking of exactly you - when I warned that it could be long and boring. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:46 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks Donna Lee and Joe W for the trip reports!!! I won't be able to go this year so I truly enjoyed your posts! Sorry Joe about your wives accident! I seriously hope as a disabled person that I will have a better response from my resort.

Thanks!!!

Tina&Gary(RIP)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:39 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Enjoyed reading both reports - seemed like ages since the last one. Also enjoyed the pictures Donna Lee posted.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:19 pm 
Sophomore

Loved the trip reports and the pictures. Donna- you have a very good looking family and JoeW- sorry to hear about your wife's injury and the non-compassionate response from the management. Hope she is feeling better.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:34 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:49 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

...make that three; thanks to leftyjy too. Was wondering how your dufry trip went.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:20 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks to all three....enjoyed the reports and loved your pictures Donna! JoeW hope your wife has healed nicely!

Coach Brian Stone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:02 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

ann wrote:
Thanks to all three....enjoyed the reports and loved your pictures Donna! JoeW hope your wife has healed nicely!

X2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:42 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks everyone, she has to go back to orthopedic Dr in 5 more weeks, hopefully gets rid of the boot and brace.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:38 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Joe, sorry also for your wife's injury. One evening apprx. 5-6 years ago my wife tripped and fell on the steps at Playa Linda leading from the pool area to the beach walkway while we were leaving for the evening to dinner, then on. She bruised her ankle and somewhat sprained her ankle. She reported and suggested marker tape or material be placed at the leading edge of steps as the lighting was very dim and difficult to discern the steps. Several days later the risk manager contacted her and that was when she made
the recommendation. Our subsequent visits to PL showed nothing ever done and we continued to bring up the issue at member's meeting and with management!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:11 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

CaribRJ wrote:
Joe, sorry also for your wife's injury. One evening apprx. 5-6 years ago my wife tripped and fell on the steps at Playa Linda leading from the pool area to the beach walkway while we were leaving for the evening to dinner, then on. She bruised her ankle and somewhat sprained her ankle. She reported and suggested marker tape or material be placed at the leading edge of steps as the lighting was very dim and difficult to discern the steps. Several days later the risk manager contacted her and that was when she made
the recommendation. Our subsequent visits to PL showed nothing ever done and we continued to bring up the issue at member's meeting and with management!

Stories like these just go to show why it's good to drink. Seems there is never a story that involves a drunk person getting hurt. Its always the people around or with them.

So PL owners do not walk the PL property if you haven't been drinking.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:27 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubajoey wrote:
CaribRJ wrote:

Stories like these just go to show why it's good to drink. Seems there is never a story that involves a drunk person getting hurt. Its always the people around or with them.

I beg to differ... or at least my husband does. Back around 2008, we went on the Kuku bus. I went to use the restroom while at dinner. I had no problem seeing the small step up into the bathroom stall, but I totally forgot about it coming out. Luckily, it was only a sprained foot, but hubby got to push me around the resort in a wheel chair for the rest of the week. I maintain that it had nothing to do w/ alcohol, but hubby tells a different tale. :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:03 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

DonnaLee wrote:
arubajoey wrote:
CaribRJ wrote:

I beg to differ... or at least my husband does. Back around 2008, we went on the Kuku bus. I went to use the restroom while at dinner. I had no problem seeing the small step up into the bathroom stall, but I totally forgot about it coming out. Luckily, it was only a sprained foot, but hubby got to push me around the resort in a wheel chair for the rest of the week. I maintain that it had nothing to do w/ alcohol, but hubby tells a different tale. :lol: :wink:

Appears you were not drunk enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:36 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubajoey wrote:
DonnaLee wrote:
arubajoey wrote:
CaribRJ wrote:

Appears you were not drunk enough.

Exactly.