Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: MIA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:23 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words.

I'm wondering, are there any other "second generation" Aruba visitors out there like me? That is, those who first traveled with their parents and then started coming to the island on their own? Because to really thrive - or maybe even survive - Aruba's going to have to stay a "family tradition" for visitors, or else the younger generation will find its own "tropical paradise" somewhere...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:59 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

I do not know if this counts, but Nancy's father started going in the 60's when he worked at Largo. Then in the early 80's Nancy and I started going down with her parents. Originally at the DIVI, before all inclusive then at Costa Linda in the early 90's. We have been going ever since the early 80's and now own 3 weeks at CLBR.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:45 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Well tried to post been awhile, would not accept my passwords. So miss all the posts. Better than the other forums. We do not go with drones,still like to sit on the beach with peace and quiet, no boats floats etc.Still like happy hour,and talking with our mate. So been going for 30 plus years. Taken the kids etc. No where better to spend time with your partner and have some time plan and dream what will be the coming year. Have meet so many friends,always and have plans for next year meet up.So the lurkers maybe cannot remember the pass words,do you think? It took me going thru my address book. Lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:25 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Rude replies and deleted posts might be one of the reasons.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:22 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

This is my favorite spot to check out info on Aruba and was actually my first place to research Aruba. I have a trip report and restaurant reviews to write about soon from our annual trip in June. I love reading everyone else’s.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:38 pm 
Junior

You folks are so wonderful to share your stories. Aruba is such a very special place to all of us. It makes my heart happy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:15 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

froggy wrote:
I do not know if this counts, but Nancy's father started going in the 60's when he worked at Largo. Then in the early 80's Nancy and I started going down with her parents. Originally at the DIVI, before all inclusive then at Costa Linda in the early 90's. We have been going ever since the early 80's and now own 3 weeks at CLBR.

My Dad also worked for many month's at the oil refinery, it was probably late 60's early 70's. He was an engineer and his company was contracted to work there. After my Dad passed, my Mom wanted to go to Aruba to see where he worked, and to see the spots he visited. She has pictures of him in front of the original Natural Bridge and a few other spots. I have taken Mom to Aruba a few times, but she is now terrified of flying. I am so happy to have found Aruba, and all the wonderful people.