All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: LEGEND'S PUB - Closed
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:43 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Those who frequent Legend's Pub sad to report that it has closed.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:41 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

This location seems to be jinxed.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:47 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

that is such a shame...my husband and I stopped in to get late lunch and the guys that were sitting at the bar were so loud and yelling watching a game on tv that we told the barmaid, we are leaving, you couldn't even have a conversation with the noise and 2 other couples came in and left also...This is a cute place and I am sad for the owners, they are such nice people. this should not be a loud men's hang out and expect couples to come in to eat....there should have been more control from those working there....I am sure the men that were yelling and drinking have been there before and I am sure the bartender didn't want to lose them as customers. We were going to go back on Friday for prime rib but we both said, that place is not the place we want to dine with all the noise...I am really sad and I was hoping that the atmosphere would change but I guess not.....

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:52 pm 
Prolific

Sad to hear yhat. Ate there last year n prime rib was good. Friday night band was great too there.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Guess it's now just a Legendary bar.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:13 pm 
Junior

I am so sorry to hear this. Scott and Leslie are such great people and I loved the restaurant.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:26 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Bummer. We hadn't been, but actually thought we might this trip, so hubby and son could watch the Caps in the finals. Scott and Leslie sold the Brat's place, right... or is it just someone else working it since they opened Legends?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:39 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Interesting. I saw a picture recently on FB taken at Scot's Brats and it looked like Leslie was working there.

We say that there is no choice only to comfort ourselves with a decision we have already made.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:45 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

DonnaLee wrote:
Scott and Leslie sold the Brat's place, right... or is it just someone else working it since they opened Legends?

They were still owners in Scots Brats but didn’t actively work there since Legends.

Great people, I don’t know what happened but I hope they have another plan and wish them the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:25 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Sorry to hear this, Scott & Leslie are great people. Glad to hear that they still own Scott’s Brats.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:21 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

rdharles wrote:
DonnaLee wrote:
Scott and Leslie sold the Brat's place, right... or is it just someone else working it since they opened Legends?

They were still owners in Scots Brats but didn’t actively work there since Legends.

Great people, I don’t know what happened but I hope they have another plan and wish them the best.

They brought in new partners about 2 years to help out.
Around that same time, someone wrote that Scot had mentioned moving back to the US depending on the outcome of the 2016 election. The next thing announced was the opening of Legends.

We say that there is no choice only to comfort ourselves with a decision we have already made.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:27 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Bugaloe and Eduardo's Beach Shack were involved with the ownership of Legends and sale of Scott's Brats. Sorry I forget who goes with which business.

There were 2 other Legend partners besides Scott & Leslie. One was from Wisconsin where Scott & Leslie are from. That partner pulled out awhile ago. The other partner in Legends was from either Bugaloe's or Eduardo's Beach Shack. Scotts Brats had been sold to either Bugaloe's or Eduardo's Beach Shack. I'm not sure if Scott & Leslie still have a part financial ownership in Scotts Brats or just to help the new owners as part of the sale.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:55 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Liz from N.J. wrote:
Bugaloe and Eduardo's Beach Shack were involved with the ownership of Legends and sale of Scott's Brats. Sorry I forget who goes with which business.

There were 2 other Legend partners besides Scott & Leslie. One was from Wisconsin where Scott & Leslie are from. That partner pulled out awhile ago. The other partner in Legends was from either Bugaloe's or Eduardo's Beach Shack. Scotts Brats had been sold to either Bugaloe's or Eduardo's Beach Shack. I'm not sure if Scott & Leslie still have a part financial ownership in Scotts Brats or just to help the new owners as part of the sale.

So much misinformation. Scott and Leslie still own Scott's Brats. They devoted all their time to Legends, so they brought in Anna and Eric from Bugaloe to work the Brat stand.

Eduardo and Michelle were partners at Legends, but abruptly left and are now just at Eduardo's beach shack.

I'm not sure of the status of the investor from Wisconsin.

Unfortunately, the location was it good, he'd they been on the main drag, they would have had a much better chance of succeeding.

Their prime rib was outstanding!

I wish them the best of luck with whatever they decide to do. They are two great people.