All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Maybe this will help.

On Thursday I went into the Dufry website, specifically the Aruba airport section and poked around a bit and scrolled all the way to the bottom. Once there, I saw the ever present "Contact Us" link.
Being the ever aggressive one I decided to use that link to email them a request..... Now I didn't really expect this to work but I was nosy and had time to kill.

Before I could proceed to my request they asked for my name, my email, and a phone number. Following that was a space for my message. In so many words I explained my arrival date and time and that I'd like to have a litre of Drambuie and JW Red put aside for me to pick up upon arrival.

I got a generic reply later on Thursday saying they would answer my email at their earliest convenience.
I was a bit surprised at that.

Yesterday, Saturday, I got that response saying that both of those liquors were regularly in stock in all the Dufry shops in the airport but if the station by baggage claim had run out they would get a replacement from one of the other stations and put it aside for me to pick up.
They would hold it only until 2pm being that my plane was landing at about 11:40.

From a whim chance email to (maybe) a successful acquisition of my favorite beverages right there at arrival.

It cannot hurt to try.
I'd be interested to learn if others try this and have some success.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:42 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I didn't try that but having no time for Duty Free at my connection I went there upon my arrival April 7th. Seemed to be more of a selection than what I was expecting, although I couldn't find Crown Royal but just as she was ringing me in, I noticed the guy behind me had a bottle of CR and when I said darn, she pointed to where it was and told me to exchange what I had. They were fast, efficient and pleasant ringing everyone through; no boarding pass required. I'm confident you will be pleasantly surprised. Do let us know, although we don't want everyone in that store :wink: