It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Car Rental Prices
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:16 pm 

I CAN rent a car for 7 days from Tropic for mid December (right now) but would prefer to hold off until 2 weeks prior as they have a $160 for 5 day rate. Can anyone fill me in as to how booked they might or might not be at that time. Also, has anyone had any experience renting from Hertz through the Tropicana (daily rates)? All thoughts or tips are appreciated. We have been trying to make it to Aruba for 14 years now and we finally have two weeks booked (Dec. 9 through 22).

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:56 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

GregoryEllis69 wrote:
I CAN rent a car for 7 days from Tropic for mid December (right now) but would prefer to hold off until 2 weeks prior as they have a $160 for 5 day rate. Can anyone fill me in as to how booked they might or might not be at that time. Also, has anyone had any experience renting from Hertz through the Tropicana (daily rates)? All thoughts or tips are appreciated. We have been trying to make it to Aruba for 14 years now and we finally have two weeks booked (Dec. 9 through 22).

Thank you.

The fact that you do have a car available at Tropic at the start of the high season is really rare. They are the most sought after rental company. No way you can wait until two weeks prior to your stay. I guess you have little time left before you have to make up your mind about renting from them. There will be a long line of people waiting to take this rental from your hands.

Can’t commend on Hertz, never rented from them. But the rate you quote isn’t a bad one, so I would check if that would be a cheaper option to begin with.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:23 pm 

The fact that you do have a car available at Tropic at the start of the high season is really rare. They are the most sought after rental company. No way you can wait until two weeks prior to your stay. I guess you have little time left before you have to make up your mind about renting from them. There will be a long line of people waiting to take this rental from your hands.

Can’t commend on Hertz, never rented from them. But the rate you quote isn’t a bad one, so I would check if that would be a cheaper option to begin with.[/quote]

THANK YOU!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:17 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

If you have a guaranteed rental from Tropic I would grab it! They are one of the few rental places that I have never heard anything bad about.