It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:44 pm 
Senior

The completion dates for the five new Frangipani suites are of course behind schedule. Our suite for week eight doesn't appear to be competed, but CL's management team assures us of having a comparable suite on site for that week. We have faith in them, but would still like to know if there is any member on this site who has experienced this relocation in weeks one - five and if they were satisfied with their accommodations? You can post or pm me. Any input would be of great help to us. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:31 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

"....... are of course behind schedule."

What did you mean by that? Did you expect the work to be behind schedule?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:02 am 
Senior

leftyjy wrote:

Has there ever been a construction project on Aruba that has NOT been behind schedule? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:51 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Arubadan wrote:
leftyjy wrote:

Has there ever been a construction project on Aruba that has NOT been behind schedule? :lol:

Amen!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:49 pm 
Junior

How about the BIG DIG in Boston? That was finished on time right?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:53 pm 
Junior

gaspumper wrote:
The completion dates for the five new Frangipani suites are of course behind schedule. Our suite for week eight doesn't appear to be competed, but CL's management team assures us of having a comparable suite on site for that week. We have faith in them, but would still like to know if there is any member on this site who has experienced this relocation in weeks one - five and if they were satisfied with their accommodations? You can post or pm me. Any input would be of great help to us. Thanks!

I was not involved with the relocations but have friends that were and were completely satisfied with the way they were accommodated by management.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 am 
Senior

Thanks for the reply Froggy. The completion date was hoped to be January 1st 2018 so we were hoping for only a two month delay. We'll be happy to be on property for that week. We really love Costa Linda! :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:47 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Perhaps posting your original question ad verbatim on the Costa Linda BB will yield several more experienced responses given that several of the owners of the new Frangipani Suites were already owners of existing suites and may participate in that BB.

Just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:19 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Gaspumper.....I spoke with a fellow board member yesterday concerning this and I can verify that froggy's response is in fact correct.

Without going into detail due to many situations beyond our control we were unable to have the units ready for occupancy as anticipated. Fortunately we made sure that owners or their renters would not be left out in the cold and we secured alternate arrangements which were acceptable and agreeable.

As lefty suggested always feel free and comfortable to go to our member bulletin board. Our Member Relations Chairperson monitors that daily and always answers questions or concerns promptly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:14 pm 
Senior

patsfan wrote:
Gaspumper.....I spoke with a fellow board member yesterday concerning this and I can verify that froggy's response is in fact correct.

Without going into detail due to many situations beyond our control we were unable to have the units ready for occupancy as anticipated. Fortunately we made sure that owners or their renters would not be left out in the cold and we secured alternate arrangements which were acceptable and agreeable.

As lefty suggested always feel free and comfortable to go to our member bulletin board. Our Member Relations Chairperson monitors that daily and always answers questions or concerns promptly.

Thanks patsfan for the reassuring response. We have been trying all week to get Luigi and Swienda to return our calls, but the phones must not be working in Aruba :lol: :lol: :lol: I did not realize that there was a bulletin board on the web site and will get on it tomorrow; thanks for the great idea! I really like this bulletin board for their sense of humor, insight, and most of all - their honesty. Thanks to everyone for the great questions and answers!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:38 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I am assuming you are an owner. If so send me a PM. I will get you Miriam's info in Member Services to either get you set up to access the member bulletin board or verify the password info you may have set up after you purchased previously and forgot or misplaced the info.