It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:14 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Trying to talk a few families into coming to Aruba and they are all demanding All-Inclusive. Price wise, we narrowed it down to the Holiday Inn and Barceló. Which hotel do you feel is nicer? Also, which hotel has the better options and places to eat within their hotel.

I have no problem with either but I al trying to gather info for these families to present to them. As you know, other islands are cheaper, I am doing my best to get them to Aruba though.

Any input would be great!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:28 pm 
Senior

I cannot speak of the Holiday Inn but, have been to the Barcelo. The Barcelo has a beautiful beach and a very nice hotel. But, as far as the food goes it is not the best. Breakfast was good and lunch with the pasta bar was also very good but, their dinner options, not so much. There was not a lot of options for dinner at the buffet.

We did eat at the italian restaraunt and our meal there was very, very good. We actually ate dinner there 2 times. We also ate at the Seafood place, food was just Ok. Husband is not a real fan of Japanese so did not try that but, have heard others say it was very good.

The staff treated us well. No complaints there.

Places near to the Barcelo to eat are numerous. We dined at Casa Tua (right across the street) and the pizza was awesome! Also ate at Gianni's and the food was wonderful as well.