All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Here it is.....
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:37 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

The much anticipated Covid-19 tax. It is here. Lets face it...hitting up us touristas with a $15/day "insurence" really amounts to a tax.
What on earth will the insurance cover? Air evac to a better equipped facility? ER treatment?
I already have health insurance. I wonder if Aruba will accept my Ins. company's definition of "emergency treatment"?
Lefty????? I am shocked I beat you to this!!!!

Post subject: Re: Here it is.....
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:18 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks happy

Only difference is that lefty would take up 10-15 paragraphs to say the same thing.

I did a little Google search yesterday and spoke to an insurance friend and as we said before your travel insurance or general medical insurance does not cover pandemics or Covid-19. However he said that due to the concerns some insurance companies are working on Covid/pandemic policy's.

He also said DO NOT think that any travel insurance you have or insurance you have through your credit card company or workplace will cover you while traveling especially outside the US.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:02 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

there has been alot of posts about this on the aruba facebook pages. sad to say some have been really nasty. yes $15 a day can add up for some, especially families. Think of it this way, maybe you don't get sick, but after thousands of tourists come back, so does the virus. the money can be used for the people of aruba and the island we all love so much.

lets face it, we've probably all paid $15 for one drink on the island at one point. I have, didn't blink twice. I go for 18 days, its not pocket change, but i'm worth it. this won't affect my decision to go, honestly it makes me feel better about going.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:30 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Joey is right, travel insurance doesn’t cover pandemics. As long as the insurance companies won’t add covering costs caused by pandemics or COVID-19 to the policy, I think Aruba is coming up with a solution that will not put all the risk at their side. After all, if you get ill, need to go to hospital, the ICU and maybe even die, who will pick up the bill? If you don’t want to pay it, just stay home. Which honestly, I think is the most sensible thing you can do anyway.