Junior

Looks Great!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:51 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Finally!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:24 pm 
Senior

Really, really nice.
Any plans for public facilities (shade/restrooms)?
How long before the private rental guys for beach equipment set up there?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:42 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Hey Eddy is that you in the photo?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:02 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

No that is not me :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:03 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Western PA wrote:
Really, really nice.
Any plans for public facilities (shade/restrooms)?
How long before the private rental guys for beach equipment set up there?

Yes, there will be restrooms and other public facilities that will be placed in the months ahead.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:10 pm 
Prolific

Looks like the government is going to put a lot of money into this. Will it include a walkway, tram or free shuttle from the cruise ship dock to the new beach area to encourage the cruisers to go there instead of Eagle or Palm beaches? How about a big sign that says "Public Beach >"? I know all beaches are public, but, that sign would be true and may encourage more cruisers to stay in that area and help revitalize the town even more.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:19 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

I don't want to burst the cruise beach bubble however the cruise ship people want Palm beach . I have friends that take a cruise every year and a highlight of the cruise is Palm beach . Shopping , dining, apparently there is even bowling :D it's a happing place . Maybe we timeshare owners can use the new park 8) : .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:56 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

jaccli wrote:
I don't want to burst the cruise beach bubble however the cruise ship people want Palm beach . I have friends that take a cruise every year and a highlight of the cruise is Palm beach . Shopping , dining, apparently there is even bowling :D it's a happing place . Maybe we timeshare owners can use the new park 8) : .

I do believe that I have said this before....Palm Beach and Eagle Beach are world famous destinations of their own. They need to name this area....something like "Playa Aruba" and jump start facilities for the cruisers. A trolley track to the beach there would be a great idea. It will take a couple years.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:55 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

They need to name what area "Playa Aruba"? And Why?

And jump start what facilities for cruisers? And where?

A trolley track..... a trolley track(!!!) from where to what beach? That's a real doozie of an idea!! It cost 20 million gilders to provide that idiotic trolley ride thru O'Stad! Since that thing was built the government has been nickel and diming tourists via the add-ons applied to their stays at check out!
Where were all the brainiacs who thought up that crock who never gave a thought to a few rubber tire tour buses?

Isn't it bad enough that cruisers have some feeling of entitlement to everything everywhere they are brought to?

Isn't it enough that there is a fairly large destination beach area on the site of the old Bushiri being developed for cruisers and anyone else who desires to go to an Aruba beach?

Isn't it enough that there is already a very decent beach spot with facilities already in operation for cruisers and anyone else looking to spend a few hours at an Aruba beach.... Eagle Beach next to the Costa Linda? Sure, they have to rent chairs and an umbrella. Too bad. So, what's the option to that? Do a little exploratory run to your hotel or resort and plunk down for free? Uh, uh!

Those of us who have been going to Aruba year after year and have paid dearly and continue to pay dearly for a week or three at a resort or hotel only to see a bunch of squatters off some cruise ship come in and take over.

Sorry. But I don't think anyone spending large for their island vacation wants to see it get overrun by cruisers just because it's perceived to be nicer than areas set up for cruisers on a four hour 'shore excursion' :!:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:01 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

More and more cruise ships are coming to Aruba . Hurricanes have destroyed much of the Caribbean and Aruba is a great cruise destination . In all the years I have stayed at the Divi I have never seen a cruise ship passenger on our beach, there is plenty of room but they are not interested . They like Palm beach and why not ! I like Palm beach ! I have dinner there almost every night and then walk around do some shopping . It's a good idea to fix up Bushiri and make a park but I don't think it will attract cruisers .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:51 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

leftyjy wrote:
They need to name what area "Playa Aruba"? And Why?

And jump start what facilities for cruisers? And where?

A trolley track..... a trolley track(!!!) from where to what beach? That's a real doozie of an idea!! It cost 20 million gilders to provide that idiotic trolley ride thru O'Stad! Since that thing was built the government has been nickel and diming tourists via the add-ons applied to their stays at check out!
Where were all the brainiacs who thought up that crock who never gave a thought to a few rubber tire tour buses?

Isn't it bad enough that cruisers have some feeling of entitlement to everything everywhere they are brought to?

Isn't it enough that there is a fairly large destination beach area on the site of the old Bushiri being developed for cruisers and anyone else who desires to go to an Aruba beach?

Isn't it enough that there is already a very decent beach spot with facilities already in operation for cruisers and anyone else looking to spend a few hours at an Aruba beach.... Eagle Beach next to the Costa Linda? Sure, they have to rent chairs and an umbrella. Too bad. So, what's the option to that? Do a little exploratory run to your hotel or resort and plunk down for free? Uh, uh!

Those of us who have been going to Aruba year after year and have paid dearly and continue to pay dearly for a week or three at a resort or hotel only to see a bunch of squatters off some cruise ship come in and take over.

Sorry. But I don't think anyone spending large for their island vacation wants to see it get overrun by cruisers just because it's perceived to be nicer than areas set up for cruisers on a four hour 'shore excursion' :!:

I have actually given a reply to this some thought.......
This might be safer and better received....
"Wishing you a restful, quiet, un-crowded Aruba Vacation in 2018."
Phew.......

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:46 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

We stay at the Links and have seen cruisers being dropped off and go the the hut where they rent chairs and umbrellas. Never really bothered us because by the time they get there all the huts are taken. One year a very interesting German couple stopped at our hut to find out what the drill was. We had room so they sat with us for an hour or two. They were on 110 day around the world cruise and shared some interesting stories about the cruise. The two things I remember was that he said his bar bill was astronomical. The other was that at the beginning of the cruise they load empty coffins on board because inevitably because sp many cruisers were elderly some did not make all 110 days. Kind of a bummer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:41 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

[quote="divigolf". ...that at the beginning of the cruise they load empty coffins on board because inevitably because sp many cruisers were elderly some did not make all 110 days. Kind of a bummer.[/quote]. :cry: